• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How to install the Mod Version?

If i am correct, there is an ut2004 folder in ur steamapps folder.
Point the installer to install in the ut2004 folder inside your steamapps and you should be fine.
On a sidenote, remember u patch to 3639, then ece, and then 3639 again. The ece overwrites a file from the 3639 that you need.

Ps. If ut2004 isnt in steamapps, it should be somewhere in the steam folder, you could try ctrl+f.
There is a guide on this on the old forum, but i cant copy paste on ma ipod touch, nor do i feel like manually typing a link to it:p. Ill find it tommorow asap, if i can.

Greets,
Sniperdragon

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Prettymuch covered there. Install in \path\to\steam\UT2004\
and make sure you're running the latest version of 2k4. The easiest way is to install the Megapack, but if you want to save some space install ECE1.1 (1.1 fixes the overwriting issue. no need to repatch). To install either of these you'll need already be patched to 3369, which if you start 2k4 and go to the News page it should tell you what version you're running in the upper right corner.

Upvote 0
Doesn't work for me when I point it to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 2004, the instalation runs fine but the batch file gives: Windows cannot find "..\System\UT2004.exe"

Nor do I see any mod folder created in the ut204 folder.:confused:

Any ideas?

Try to find the "kfmod20" folder somewhere on your computer.
Copy that ENTIRE FOLDER to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\ut2004.
If Play KF.bat still doesn't work then, boot up UT2004, go to Community, go to the tab mods on the upper left side of the screen, and then doubleclick KF. Bit of a hassle to launc it, bit it works then.

Upvote 0
I think its steams fault, its telling me I have an invalid ut2k4 license and to reinstal.

I hate steam so much. *sobs*
We'll have to learn to deal with it, I had to re-launch the installer 3 times and then use a workaround before it installed. Some people in here worship it though :p. I guess if it works AND you live in the US its pretty damn good.

Upvote 0
I think its steams fault, its telling me I have an invalid ut2k4 license and to reinstal.

I hate steam so much. *sobs*

The same problem happened to me with my steam version. At first it would not run the UT2004 file then after i tried some hokery pokery it told me my CD key was invalid. :mad:

I had unreal anthology at hand though. :)

Upvote 0
The same problem happened to me with my steam version. At first it would not run the UT2004 file then after i tried some hokery pokery it told me my CD key was invalid. :mad:

I had unreal anthology at hand though. :)

I seem to recall about a year ago I had a similar problem with my license key for UT2004.... and it turned out I was entering an 'L' instead of a '1' because in the font they used for the serial numbers on the UT Anthology 'L' and '1' look identical... Might be worth checking.

Upvote 0