• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

{How To} Install a Mod

Bump with a question.

I've tried searching around quite a bit but I couldn't exactly find out how to mke custom weapons show up.

I know I need to edit KillingFLoor.ini and add the "package" to my server packages, as stated in the Custom Trader thread. I know how to do all that but the thread didn't really say what the packages were.

I've searched the forum for "server packages" or anything related like that and couldn't find it I then looked at the packages in the .ini and they matched mutators in the system folder so I just put the name of my mutators in there but the other players did not download the files.

Also, I'm trying to run a listen server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Gonna post this here to help others out.

This is a small bit about serverpackages

1) Open UCL file for the weapon you are adding with notepad.
2) Go to the third line (weapon=)
3) It should look like this:
Weapon=(ClassName=BDHuntingRifleB2.HUNTING_RIFLE,PickupClassName=BDHuntingRifleB2.Hunting_RiflePickup,AttachmentClassName=BDHuntingRifleB2.Hunting_RifleAttachment,FriendlyName=BDHuntingRifleB2.HUNTING_RIFLE.ItemName,Description=BDHuntingRifleB2.HUNTING_RIFLE.Description,FallbackName="Hunting Rifle",FallbackDesc="A recreational hunting weapon, featuring a firing trigger and a powerful integrated scope. ")
4) Take out the bolded part. Remember, your pickups should always look like MUTATOR_NAME.SOMETHINGRELEVENTPickup. If you have a comma in there, you're doing it wrong.
5) Put that in your custom trader file.

6) Go to Killingfloor.ini and open it with notepad
7) Scroll down to ServerPackages= and add your own line of that
8) Add the package file. Basically, for weapons you just want to take out the part BEFORE the period in your custom trader entry, like so:
BDHuntingRifleB2.Hunting_RiflePickup

Note: You will see the bolded text SEVERAL times in the .ucl so that's how you can tell what to add and if it's the right thing to add.

Not sure if the mutator.u can have a different name then the filename so, just to be safe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
serverpackages is only necessary for when you run a server and have to push it to a client. What exactly happens? The PPSH mod should cancel perks (its unlisted/blacklisted) and appear upon spawning. Neither of these happen? And you installed each file of the mutator in its proper folder and equipped it when starting the match, right? Also, remember that this is only going to work in solo mode.

Upvote 0
The steam error occurs because having blacklisted mutators disables the game from pulling perks from the steam cloud... And because its blacklisted u won't be able to use perks anyway. You should be getting that error message. but if its not giving you perks then the system files are in the right place... When you spawn, scroll your mouse. Is there an empty box in the third/fourth column without a picture? if so, you're just missing the meshes for some reason.

Upvote 0
OK, what do you mean you had no perks on DL? When you first buy the game you have perks, but they're all lvl 0, you have to play to upgrade them. If you can't select the perks at all, repair the game cache using steam and try that. Note that if u have a mut. equipped and exit the game, it stays equipped, so be sure to play a stock/whitelisted game if you want perks. but there is no separate install.

Now, when you have the mutator equipped, u should get a steam error. "unknown steam error prevented access" or something like that. You wont be able to select perks. Now you hit ready, enter the game. Poof, you're in game. Now scroll the mouse wheel - in the third column of the inventory screen there should be a blank box, because the PPSH never had a pic for the inventory if i remember correctly. Highlight the box and click the fire button. You should have the PPSH now... Though i think you spawn with it...

Upvote 0
Hi, I've searched almost the entireaty of the Custom Trader mod to try and figure out the install info, as all I found in the folder was three loose files (unlike two other mods I picked up, Vehicle and the whitelisted version of Ivan and Jack Carver's wep pack), and wanted to use the Custom Trader to intergrate the two packs, for when I was feeling random.

Upvote 0
i'm confused about custom weapon and perks, for example i have bdhunting rifle custom weapon. It is custom weapon indeed and have sharpshooter perk logo in shop (i use serverperksv5 to add the weapon).

now my question is :
1. is this weapon have the sharpshooter perk benefit ? like faster reload times or higher damage ?
2. the IJC weapon pack have separate mutator to activate the perk, what is this really do ?
3. Does the custom weapon have perk benefit at all ? i have mod from russian developer like SVD, and the price is $ 4000, sharpshooter supposed to have discount to shapshoter weapon right ?

Upvote 0
i have some question regarding weapon mutator and mod, hopefully someone can answer them, sorry about the post number, yes, i am a lurker

let's say i have some mods installed and running, like :
IJCweaponpack
SVD from russian dev
and BDhunting rifle (whitelisted ?)

i'm using serverperksv5 to include all those weapon to the game.

1. Does all the weapon from these modding forum have perks in them, or just some ?
2. Let's say i'm playing sharpshooter, how to make bdhunting rifle get sharpshooter benefit ? like faster reloading time higher damage, etc ?
3. The russian SVD have the sharpshooter perk logo and $4000 price tag, i suppose sharpshooter should have discounted price for sharpshooter weapon, so i assume the SVD Don't have perk benefit regardless what perk we playing ?
4. The IJCweapon pack have separate mutator to activate weapon perk, what is this mean ?

Upvote 0