• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

{How To} Install a Mod

my only other suggestion would be to try a different mod (there's a massive list of weapons in the stick section) and see if it works. Do your best to keep the files organized so you can follow the guide, and see if it works. You may just have a bad DL of the weapon pack :( Thats my last suggestion - anything else might be mac specific...

Reactions: KompanyCommands
Upvote 0
This is due to the listing status of the mod. Due to the fact that certain mods and muts can make leveling perks easier, a "whitelist" was created. any mut on the whitelist will work with perk leveling. Later, a "greylist" was created. Many weapons and muts are on this one. They are allowed to use perks, but not level them. (while in game, the numbers for leveling the perk WILL go up, but they will be reset when the match is over). The bot mut, since it adds more Zeds for u to kill and level on, is not whitelisted - you won't be able to use perks with it.
(Note - adding note about whitelisting to main post)

Thank you so much its cleared it up thanks +Rep.

Upvote 0
my only other suggestion would be to try a different mod (there's a massive list of weapons in the stick section) and see if it works. Do your best to keep the files organized so you can follow the guide, and see if it works. You may just have a bad DL of the weapon pack :( Thats my last suggestion - anything else might be mac specific...
Will do.. Kinda got caught by the Hunting Rifle.

Ok that didnt work either... .rar files.. Macs are unable to open those files... Fudge

Last edited:
Upvote 0
from what i know, the .ucl file from the systems folder is all you need to get the mutator to show up in the list... It won't work because it doesn't have the .u file and texture files and whatnot to pull data off of, but it should appear on the list... Did you try other muts to see if they work?
http://www.filefront.com/16667937/KFPPHSMut.zip/
thats the PPSH mutator - i know it works. Try that, and see if it works - if it doesn't, then theres issues on your side and not with the mut. if it does, then the issue is with the weapon pack. Maybe they lack mac compatabilty... IDK.

Upvote 0
One more suggestion - try braindead's custom trader mutator - if you can install that, then we can route the M99/M7A3/MK23 through there, circumventing the use of the native mutator.
Ok. Do i need to do anything to get the weapons into the custom trader window?

from what i know, the .ucl file from the systems folder is all you need to get the mutator to show up in the list... It won't work because it doesn't have the .u file and texture files and whatnot to pull data off of, but it should appear on the list... Did you try other muts to see if they work?
[url]http://www.filefront.com/16667937/KFPPHSMut.zip/[/URL]
thats the PPSH mutator - i know it works. Try that, and see if it works - if it doesn't, then theres issues on your side and not with the mut. if it does, then the issue is with the weapon pack. Maybe they lack mac compatabilty... IDK.
I have all the files for it, and they are in their proper places.. Bah, will try on a PC tomorrow.

Upvote 0
install the custom trader, then go in game. see if its in the muts panel. If it is, go to the bottom right, where it says configure mutators. If nothing comes up, check the advanced options box in the bottom left. You should see 20 some lines of "code" each one a package.pickup (KFMod.BullpupPickup for example). Go to the end, hit new, and enter this line for the M99 - KFWeaponPack-BETA-V45.M99Pickup. check and make sure that ," has been erased from any line, then add it to the last weapon. This is important, as it opens an empty string that is required for some reason. When you get in the map, complete wave one, and look for the M99 AMR (it has a pic of the EBR for now) and buy it (500 i think) Everything should work. If the trader mut isn't there, or the weapon doesn't work, check the (,") issue, otherwise idk what is wrong....

EDIT:
Just to double check, the line for input into the trader mut is, in the end
KFWeaponPack-BETA-V45.M99Pickup,"

Last edited:
Upvote 0