• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server How to host a Killing Floor 2 Server

if you read at the bottom of page 2, I had asked about this and there is no resolution for it yet.

Just curious i've been on other servers and saw people login as administrator and it showed the user name... is this when they are using the console to login while in the game? If so how to i login using the console is it the same as KF1? adminlogin (password)?

Upvote 0
Well i got the multi-admin to work... i deleted the multiadmin ini file and started the server again and everything seemed to work correct then.

which multi admin file? there is a kfmultiadmin.ini and a defaultmultiadmin.ini and after you deleted that file and restarted the server, then the file should have been re-created with the default in it, if that is the case, can you login to the web admin still with the stick admin password?

Upvote 0
which multi admin file? there is a kfmultiadmin.ini and a defaultmultiadmin.ini and after you deleted that file and restarted the server, then the file should have been re-created with the default in it, if that is the case, can you login to the web admin still with the stick admin password?

It's the kfmultiadmin.ini file. Delete that and let it recreate it after you start the server again. I was then able to log into the web admin using the username 'Admin' and the password i set in the kfgame.ini

I was then able to create multiple admin users using the web admin portal

Upvote 0
It's the kfmultiadmin.ini file. Delete that and let it recreate it after you start the server again. I was then able to log into the web admin using the username 'Admin' and the password i set in the kfgame.ini

I was then able to create multiple admin users using the web admin portal

Ha you right! Thank you! I just got it going, So really it should be,

edit:
PCServer-KFGame.ini
AdminPassword=password

edit:
KFWebAdmin.ini
Add WebAdmin.MultiWebAdminAuth to
AuthenticationClass= so it looks like

AuthenticationClass=WebAdmin.MultiWebAdminAuth

under the first heading of [WebAdmin.WebAdmin]

and then login to myip:8080 with username:Admin pw:whatever you set.

Thank you!

Upvote 0
do you have the web admin turned on according to the tutorial that was in my last post? once its turned on you also have to have a admin password set in the config files, then you can get connected. You only need to port forward if you are wanting outside people to play on your server.

Yes, I had the server running, folks were connecting ok - I had a server in KF1 and used the web admin to kick the occasional @$$4o|e and change maps / difficulty as requested.
I did follow you tutorial, tarster thank you, I can't fathom what I am missing, but as always, it's works when you do it right, thanks again, I will keep trying. :)

Upvote 0
Yes, I had the server running, folks were connecting ok - I had a server in KF1 and used the web admin to kick the occasional @$$4o|e and change maps / difficulty as requested.
I did follow you tutorial, tarster thank you, I can't fathom what I am missing, but as always, it's works when you do it right, thanks again, I will keep trying. :)

Note: Sometimes if you edit the file to set webadmin to true, then start/update the server it will revert back to false. Start your server once, then close it, edit to enable webadmin and start the server again.

Also a note, you can force some of this stuff with your server batch file instead of relying on editing ini files, example of my server batches:
start .\Binaries\win64\kfserver1 kf-bioticslab?adminpassword=xxxx -Port=7787 -QueryPort=27015 -WebAdminPort=8080
start .\Binaries\win64\kfserver2 kf-bioticslab?adminpassword=xxxx -Port=7788 -QueryPort=27016 -WebAdminPort=8081

Upvote 0