• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

How to host a Killing Floor 2 Server

chief0

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 14, 2015
The APPID for download a KF2 server from SteamCMD is:

app_update 232130

example:
login anonymous
force_install_dir ./KillingFloor2Server
app_update 232130 validate
quit

Example launch batch file:

start .\Binaries\win64\kfserver kf-bioticslab?difficulty=0

This will launch the game on Biotics Lab on Normal.
Hi Yoshiro,

I've downloaded the server and added the exception to the firewall but am unable to see it. Ive tried to confirm the ports in use, but it seems like every config file references another config file.

Can you confirm which INI's we should be using to config?

Also, since updating the client to 1003 on a seperate machine, I am unable to see any server including the local one. Any suggestions for this?

chief0

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 14, 2015
I have downloaded and installed the server, but Steam is currently down and I cant test.

Can you confirm the config INI's we should be using Yoshiro?

Last edited:

chief0

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 14, 2015
Steam has returned, as have the official servers, but I still cant see the server on the LAN tab with the default configuration.

I can see port 7777 is listening and open in the firewall.

chief0

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 14, 2015
Testing out the INI's seems to finally lead back to installdir\KFGame\Config\PCServer-*.ini

I've changed the port and confirmed through netstat that all is functioning there, but I am still unable to see any game in the LAN tab.

chief0

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 14, 2015
And finally for the last post, All seems to be functioning now. My console was not updating with a Steam Game server UID, which I will chalk up to being an issue with Steam...

GoldenGlovez

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 2, 2011
On the Move
An easy way to configure your server is through the Web Admin interface. You can enable and access this by changing:

In the following file: ..\killingfloor2server\KFGame\Config\KFWeb.ini

Change bEnabled=false to bEnabled=true

Start your server with:
start .\Binaries\win64\kfserver kf-bioticslab?adminname=USER_HERE?adminpassword=PASS_HERE?difficulty=1

You can then access the Web admin interface at: http://localhost:8080 or remotely from http://serverip:8080

Xcaliber

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 24, 2013
Is there a way to specify the ip and port on the command line ?

Also is the steam port dependent on the servers game port

Last edited:

jhrzhzhzh

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 29, 2012
For anyone else missing libraries, you'll need to isntall DirectX and the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package

Kinsman

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 2, 2011
Australia
Would like to know the ports as well, nothing I have tried in Gametracker is working, yet the server is up and populated. :)

Kinsman

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 2, 2011
Australia
Thanks, I tried 7777 and 27015 as the query over at Gametracker, still no joy, maybe they need to update their query for the KF2 Servers?

fengxue0108

Jul 18, 2011
how to set the server maxplayers 6+

please help
wait online

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
Wiki page is now up. Please feel free to help us expand it.

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
I've updated some of the information on the wiki for hosting. Some of those items will not come online until the next server build.

Mission Incredible

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 12, 2014
This last post may have answered my question, but I am going to ask it anyways.....

If I load up the dedicated server that's available now, and eventually when the new build is available, all I will have to do is run the steam cmd app update and it will make it will make the server(s) compatible for the pre-release (retail) version of the game?

The release date on Tuesday is OK, but this upcoming week is going to be crazy for me. The less I have on my plate the better. I just want to have the MI crew happy and playing on some servers as soon as I can = )