• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics [How-To] Giblets

DethSpade

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 5, 2009
I. Story Behind It
II. How To Score A Giblet
III. Conclusion

Ever wondered how you get that 500 Giblet achievement or 5 Fleshpounder giblet achievement?

I. Story Behind It

I recently got the Fleshpounder giblet one, which I though was impossible. Turns out, it only took me one grenade on suicidal!!

For 5 fleshies? YES!!

No way, right?!
There is a way and when there's a way, someone can teach it ;)

Story:
Was playing in a KF_Leveling map (just to get my last level on Support (now 5/6!!)) and there was a flamer that was flaming the hell out of the fleshpounders. Now it was a fleshpounder suicidal server, so.. 5 gib on fleshies = easy (he changed to normal;long;poundamonium). So the flamer is setting fire to all the fleshies there are, and I just happened to throw a nade right in the center of all of them. BOOM! Achievement = good.

II. How To Score A Giblet

Easy actually.
The weapons required for 'gibbing' according to me are:
L.A.W
Hunting Shotgun (More power; Double shot)
Grenades (preferablly with high level Support)

What you do is take your pistol and shoot the bastards a few times, then take out your L.A.W, Hunting Shotgun, or Grenade (for mobs) and shoot (or blow up) the zombie(s).

Pretty simple right?
That's what I thought.. I thought I was getting at least 20 'gibs' per round, but unfortunately I really don't get any.. I don't understand it, really.. When I kill them all I see is the blood, no body parts.

How do you fix that?
Honestly, I don't know. My suggestion is to go to KF_Leveling and just keep throwing your nades in the lane. You can get a bunch on that map alone.

III. Conclusion

I hope this guide helps you out to get the achievement for both the 500 specimens and the 5 fleshpounders.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you would like to suggest another method, be my guest. I honestly did not know how to get a giblet until late this afternoon when I figured out that fleshpounders could actually be 'gibbed' :D

Wow...gibbing something on KF-Leveling...I'm in awe of your amazing skill, sir. Now try doing it in the real game, with enemies not behind walls and weapons like the LAW not spawning for you...

Achievements don't matter anyway, and I'm glad they don't...ANYONE can get the gibbing achievements by joining a Level-Up server and spamming Grenades/LAW Rockets into a crowd of monsters...

An easier way to say what you did is that to gib something, weaken it to just above the point of death (Easy to see with the Commando's 'See Health' ability), then blast it with an extremely high-damage weapon (Grenade, Shotgun, Hunting Shotgun, LAW Rocket), and it will blow apart...that's how gibbing has been done in almost every game and I dunno why it would change now...

Upvote 0
The guy just tried to give out some friendly info, stop biting his sorry ***. His own choice where he plays it, since it doesn't really affect another player directly and he did pay for the game from his own pocket.

Also...

What the hell's a giblet? I saw the achievement but i have no friggin idea what it means.

Upvote 0
[How-To] Not be a cheater

I. How not to be one

Dont play on KF-leveling, or any of its lame ilk, and dont host it on your server.

Props for like... making the game, but if he wants to level that way then fine. Nobody should be afraid to use the forum for tips in case they are ridiculed or told it's wrong. I don't like KF-Levelling either, but he paid his

Upvote 0
You're right, and that's a very enlightened view. One i share. Let's hold hands sometime :rolleyes:

The game has protections from cheating built into it for a reason.
Sarcasm is a wonderful thing, don't waste it. And I hardly think it's fair to call a levelling server a cheat. They've existed on games like Team Fortress 2 for a good year or more and that's with Valve's dev team and the VAC aware of them. Like I said before, It's a cheap way to level, and I'm not a fan, but if he wants to grind his way to the top levels then fine. Doesn't make it a cheat.

Upvote 0
cheat Verb
1. to defraud: he cheated her out of millions
2. to act dishonestly in order to gain some advantage or profit
3. cheat on Informal to be unfaithful to (one's spouse or lover)

KF-Leveling
Noun

1. A box-room map with unlimited ammo, weapons, and no paths for the enemies to reach players.

In case you need help connecting the dots - this is the same thing as the console commands "God" and "Arsenal"
, which were disabled with perks by the way. cuz they're um like . cheats.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Pretty much. I don't mind him leveling and such. About everyone does these days. But being proud of achievements obtained in a rigged map is shameful and I will consider and respond to it as such.

When I got my 'Quarter Pounder with Ease' achievement from 'nading Fleshpounds that were seconds away from killing teammates on Hard, it meant something. Same for anyone else who gets it legit. Anyone who gets it by spamming Nades, LAWs, and Shotgun blasts into an invisible box that the monsters are trapped it has a meaningless achivement.

These leveling maps make for hilarious games. I regularly see "Elite" level 5 people get killed in the 2nd or 3rd wave on Normal games while people with Level 2-3 perks never die once the entire game. Oh well. Dead Level 5 nublet = Free weapon to pick up!

Upvote 0
cheat Verb
1. to defraud: he cheated her out of millions
2. to act dishonestly in order to gain some advantage or profit
3. cheat on Informal to be unfaithful to (one's spouse or lover)

KF-Leveling
Noun

1. A box-room map with unlimited ammo, weapons, and no paths for the enemies to reach players.

In case you need help connecting the dots - this is the same thing as the console commands "God" and "Arsenal"
, which were disabled with perks by the way. cuz they're um like . cheats.

OK well obviously by definition it can be considered cheating, but seeing as the gate glitch on West London was removed from the game as a glitch which was patched within a few days, yet these servers are still allowed in the game with perks enabled, I doubt Tripwire are too concerned about it at the moment. I hope they are, because I almost don't see the point of genuinely levelling when someone else can do it like this, but if it really was a big cheat then the servers would have been closed, perks would have been disabled by default for custom maps, or Tripwire would have said something about them.

Pretty much. I don't mind him leveling and such. About everyone does these days. But being proud of achievements obtained in a rigged map is shameful and I will consider and respond to it as such.

When I got my 'Quarter Pounder with Ease' achievement from 'nading Fleshpounds that were seconds away from killing teammates on Hard, it meant something. Same for anyone else who gets it legit. Anyone who gets it by spamming Nades, LAWs, and Shotgun blasts into an invisible box that the monsters are trapped it has a meaningless achivement.

These leveling maps make for hilarious games. I regularly see "Elite" level 5 people get killed in the 2nd or 3rd wave on Normal games while people with Level 2-3 perks never die once the entire game. Oh well. Dead Level 5 nublet = Free weapon to pick up!
True say, I remember getting my Quarter Pounder with Ease; was practising some Sharpshooter tips I read on these forums for taking down FP's with Poundamonium mutator on Solo, when I was overrun I had to throw a few grenades to save myself. Didn't even realise grenades counted towards giblets before this.

Also, My highest level is a 3 for Sharpshooter, legit, and I would consider myself better than most level 5's as I tend to be the one with higher kill counts, saving other people, and often the last man standing. But like I said before, the genuine levellers are the ones who are going to be more experienced and better at the game. A rank is just a rank. When you achieve it legitimately, you will have enjoyed the game, instead of grinding, and you'll be better at it in theory. Why does everyone care so much if a small community are grinding through ranks? If they want to do it then so be it, they don't get any advantage over other players. I would only ever see this as a problem if said players used the benefits gained through levels on DM servers, otherwise what's the problem?

Upvote 0
A rank is just a rank. When you achieve it legitimately, you will have enjoyed the game, instead of grinding, and you'll be better at it in theory. Why does everyone care so much if a small community are grinding through ranks? If they want to do it then so be it, they don't get any advantage over other players.

This is false...they DO get advantages over other players via the perk bonuses and the BIG advantage of starting with a weapon at Rank 5...it allows a sucky player to get a ton of kills simply by virtue of their weaponry in the first few waves, thus depriving the other players of money they need for their weaponry that they DON'T spawn with.

Then, when the stuff starts hitting the fan, the 'tard who spawned with his guns and stole half the kills dies in no time, leaving a money-deprived team to try and clean up his mess. This happens VERY, VERY often on high-difficulty servers and can easily end the game in a Wave 5/10 Total Wipeout...

Also, don't feel bad about being only Level 3 of Sharpshooter. I'm only Level 4 myself. The only Level 5s out there are either obsessive or farmers at this point...

Upvote 0
Yes i saw a lvl5 Commando yesterday and just thought... wtf.

If Tripwire want to put retarded requirements on perk levels that have a direct effect on how strong you are in game, its there own damn fault and levelling servers are gonna happen for people who don't see the point in being stuck at lvl2 Support because they haven't played the game for as long as a lvl5, even though they know more about how to play it.

But going on a levelling server to get an achievement... what the hell is the point? In TF2 they're connected to weapon unlocks, here they do absolutely nothing.

Upvote 0
Yes i saw a lvl5 Commando yesterday and just thought... wtf.

If Tripwire want to put retarded requirements on perk levels that have a direct effect on how strong you are in game, its there own damn fault and levelling servers are gonna happen for people who don't see the point in being stuck at lvl2 Support because they haven't played the game for as long as a lvl5, even though they know more about how to play it.

But going on a levelling server to get an achievement... what the hell is the point? In TF2 they're connected to weapon unlocks, here they do absolutely nothing.

They really, really do nothing. They aren't even bragging rights, really. Tell someone that you have a certain achievement on here and the usual response is "So?"

Upvote 0