• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

How to extract music from game map?

yosimba2000

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 12, 2014
Hey, I'm trying to extract music from a map .uxx file.

I've opened it up in KF Editor and hit the Music tab on the menu bar, but I don't know how to extract any music from the map. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

DMN666

Jun 14, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
uxx files are cache files downloaded from servers. Killing Floor does not allow music files to be uploaded to servers so you will not find anything, sorry.

yosimba2000

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 12, 2014
hmm ok, but when I play on that map, how does the correct music play? Is the music streamed from the game server to me or is the music stored on my computer?

DMN666

Jun 14, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
If you have the music, it plays it.
Some people dont add music to their maps, and a smaller amount use custom music. So most maps just use KF's music.

yosimba2000

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 12, 2014
The map I want to extract music from is Japanese Garden. And the music that plays in this map is custom music, as in not part of vanilla KF sound files. Any idea how I could retrieve the music?

DMN666

Jun 14, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
I was gonna suggest that the song could be a sound file.
So if thats the case, just rename the uxx file into what it originally was (use cache.ini and look for the file name, copy and paste the cache name and renane that uxx file.)
Once thats done, it can normally be used in KF or opened in the SDK.

zYnthetic

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 20, 2009
Atlanta-ish
www.zynthetic.com
Music tab in the SDK is never used under any circumstance. It's a relic from the days when UE used mod music created with trackers.
Music should be ogg. This is an external binary so there's nothing to extract and should be in /Music/. If the author is using a sound as music (lol) it may be in mylevel or from a (huge) external uax. If this is the case keep in mind the sound quality would have suffered greatly so don't expect much from the exported wav.