• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design How to export a static from sdk to 3dsmax and not lose the materials?

muddy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 8, 2018
Could someone help me please?

I wanted to edit some static in 3ds max.

But obviously all the material is gone when you import it into 3ds max because all the texture references are in the sdk.

So how to edit the static in 3ds max and then import it back in sdk so that it has all the texture materials back that it had ?

Because when I import it back in sdk after editing it in 3ds max, the static that I imported back in sdk has no texture materials on it at all and even if I try to put the material textures back on it, the textures are all washed off.

Thank you for your response. For some reason all the material slots are lost when I export it to 3dsmax. I dont know how to have the material slot that the mesh has in sdk to have imported in 3ds max and then have it back when I export it back to sdk.

But also, do you know by any chance how to fix these shadows which happen after I import the mesh back in sdk after editing it in 3ds max ?

20181214121312-1.jpg

Upvote 0