• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How to cook the perfekt steak

Yummy, have to do that once myself.
Even though it has little to do with cooking, so you are off topic in your own thread.
Edit: Did you think that we believed that steaks grow on trees?

Realy? I must slaughter first a animal and than i can cook the meat :eek:

I like meat realy. Slaughter two sheeps by my self to have a good meal with firends in france.

My message is only look what whe have done to have dinner. :D

Upvote 0
I dare to assume it's a well known fact that in order to eat meat, you have to kill animals.
I admit it doesn't look nice, and I probably would switch to being vegetarian if I'd have to kill the cattle myself, but as long as someone else does the "dirty job", I'm happy to eat meat.

My grandparents used to have chicken and a cock (male chicken, you dirty mind!) so it could happen that there was an embryo in your breakfast. Nothing shocking there. Most eggs you get in supermarkets get nowehere near semen, and thus wouldn't develop into a chicken anyway.

Upvote 0
Realy? I must slaughter first a animal and than i can cook the meat :eek:

I like meat realy. Slaughter two sheeps by my self to have a good meal with firends in france.

My message is only look what whe have done to have dinner. :D

Yeah, but yet you won't find a building instruction of a car in its manual. You do not need to know all the parts to drive it.
As well you won't find all tools used to disembowel described in a cooking book, as it is well, about cooking.

Anyway I doubt that I'd be vegetarian if I'd had to do the "dirtjob" myself. I'd rather get used to doing it than being a vegetarian. ;)
I mean I have no problem preparing a chicken for meal and I doubt that it would be a big problem for me to kill one (my mother told me some slaughter-stories from her childhood at home, so I'd be a little bit prepared ;) ).

Upvote 0
The only thing I'm concerned about at the moment in regards to the meat I buy is these companies trying to sneak cloned meat by me without saying that it's cloned meat. They are actively trying to bring this into the market so pay attention to how the subject progresses. Contact your representatives and let them know we need laws that force the labeling of cloned meat in our markets!

Upvote 0
If you live in a city like I do you can try to meet one of those big monsters outside the city.

Thats all you need to know folks, ignorance at its best. Seriously some of these people would die within a week of being lost in the forest...if that.

I've field dress my own deer, it's no biggy, if anything it gives you appreciation for the wonders of life.

Oh yeah I like how the dude mentioned the cow was shot in the head with a bolt, and then tried to say it was still alive...:rolleyes: You know what we should just clone and make our own no blood cows, then pussies wouldn't cry so much about it.

And I like how the guy is like OH NOES THE POOOR LIL ANIMAL DIED...and then he plays with the duck embryo in the little video...stupid phuck probably took the egg from a local duck nest.

Point is, these animals would never have existed if it were not for us. If not for the farmers, the cows we eat just wouldnt be there, they have no right to live since we created them. God does the same to us.

Upvote 0
Point is, these animals would never have existed if it were not for us. If not for the farmers, the cows we eat just wouldnt be there, they have no right to live since we created them. God does the same to us.
According to this logic I should be allowed to eat my own children if had any.
Hehe. Just teasing you.;)

Upvote 0
Wait, we created animals?? Sure we've dictated some domestic animals genetics and breeding and all that but we didn't create the initial creature. Yeah society sure is weird, as long as the gruesome aspect are kept "out of sight & mind" most city folk are insulated from the harsh reality. But that's how it is with anything really. I try not to think about the details of where my food comes from because, hey you gotta eat something! Fish is a good alternative since they are more primitive than other sources of meat and easier to eat with a clear conscience. I'd say "civilized people" are the ultimate dometicated animal if you ask me. We are so far from our wild roots it's beyond imagination.

Upvote 0
Do you really think they're exploring cloning so you can eat the best steak you've ever had every night? Wake up man. I know you can think further than that.

Nature has this thing called genetic diversity through sexual reproduction and it works wonders. What happens to our food supply when a disease or bacteria that these cloned animals are not immune to wipes them out? Pump them full of man-made drugs?

They used to tell us smoking, Vioxx, DDT and Thalidomide were safe.

Upvote 0