• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How to cook the perfekt steak

This thread should be called, 'How to be a bleeding heart hypocritical vegetarian'.

A thing that strikes me about these 'meat is murder' people is how they think they have the high ground morally over meat eating folks yet are completely ignorant of the amount of wildlife that dies horribly in association with harvesting. Like for example when they're sitting back all smug enjoying a glass of wine do they stop and think about farmer joe using the shotgun to thin out the birds over the crop, or the hundereds that die of exposure caught in his nets over the harvest period? No, they keep their heads in the sand where they like it. It's really no different than someone enjyoing a steak with no explicit knowledge of the slaughterhouse and it applies to many things other than wine.

I also don't see what is so immoral about slaughtering and eating animals, it's been going on in the animal kingdom from the beginning of time and we are after all just another animal. I myself have shot, cleaned and eaten wild boar so yeah I am pretty comfortable with where meat comes from :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I know where meat is coming from.

I have even helped butcher 2 sheep and a cow. However you should always treat animals you are going to butcher for meat with respect.

couldn't agree more. I got to see the interesting act of 2 pigs being slaughtered when I was 12, and yes I do say interesting because I got to see where everything comes from, and it gave me a new respect for the animal. And the bacon and chops were the best I ever had! I have a feeling the ones who raise and slaughter their own animals (for food) have a hell lot of more respect for the animals than most of the people who eat meat, like many of the hunters i have met who have a tremendous amount of respect for what they kill and don't waste a bit of it. Enjoy meat if you like it, i know I do. But also know where it comes from, and respect that a creature had to die to get to your plate, I think it actually tastes better with that attitude

Upvote 0