• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] How to bring back Red Orchestra: Combined Arms

BulletTooth

Jul 21, 2007
I know there are many out there, who like me, just don't get the same satisfaction from Ostfront that Combined Arms gave. Additionally, after constant searching of that next greatest game to fill that empty hole of dissatisfaction; I came up with an epiphany. Gameplay beats graphics any day of the week. Thus I would like to present the problems and possible solutions for resurrecting this legendary mod.

Problems:
  • It is a free mod.
  • There is no organization/advertising.
Solutions
  • A Red Orchestra: Combined Arms website run by community members and searchable through Google.
  • At least three dedicated servers; most likely Texas and NY for the U.S. and an EU one for those chaps across the pond.
  • Community members would have to chip in a couple bucks every now and then.
Now I know this would take a lot of communicating and organizing, however I surely would support it and help lead the way. I also know it might never happen but hey, you "can't start a fire without a spark." So here's to trying.

-BT

Last edited:
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']I know there are many out there, who like me, just don't get the same satisfaction from Ostfront that Combined Arms gave. Additionally, after constant searching of that next greatest game to fill that empty hole of dissatisfaction; I came up with an epiphany. Gameplay beats graphics any day of the week. Thus I would like to present the problems and possible solutions for resurrecting this legendary mod.[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] [/font]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Problems[/font][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/font]

Upvote 0
Wat

watdeeriq9.jpg

Upvote 0
Why go back in time when you can mutate? all RO:O needs to play like the mod, and better, is tweaks to weapons and a few HUD elements, basically, you just have to stip out the stuff that got nerfed when going from mod to retail.

People would actually play that, including many of the people who currently play the old mod, because it would be that, but with more guns and nicer models and effects.

Though a few map remakes would certiainly sweeten the deal.

Upvote 0
Why go back in time when you can mutate? all RO:O needs to play like the mod, and better, is tweaks to weapons and a few HUD elements, basically, you just have to stip out the stuff that got nerfed when going from mod to retail.

yeah, lets go back to when RO was the most fun! everyone knows that beta 1.2 was the best incarnation of the game yet. Free aim ruined the game.

Upvote 0
The most fun time was 1.2, even most people *****ed on the forums instead of playing. I remember our "1.2 player" avatars from those who actually played :)

The "community" was very small, but the amount of retards was lower as well.

And it wouldnt work. Neither a mutator nor the OPs suggestion. The best one can do is to create a similar mod (without the intention to recreate it) and remember RO while doing so. Nostalgia will always beat the crap out of a possible recreation. So the answer is to create something new based on the experience and with the aim to bring back the fun and gameplay one had with RO.

Upvote 0