[Game] How to bring back Red Orchestra: Combined Arms

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

BulletTooth

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 21, 2007
I know there are many out there, who like me, just don't get the same satisfaction from Ostfront that Combined Arms gave. Additionally, after constant searching of that next greatest game to fill that empty hole of dissatisfaction; I came up with an epiphany. Gameplay beats graphics any day of the week. Thus I would like to present the problems and possible solutions for resurrecting this legendary mod.

Problems:
  • It is a free mod.
  • There is no organization/advertising.
Solutions
  • A Red Orchestra: Combined Arms website run by community members and searchable through Google.
  • At least three dedicated servers; most likely Texas and NY for the U.S. and an EU one for those chaps across the pond.
  • Community members would have to chip in a couple bucks every now and then.
Now I know this would take a lot of communicating and organizing, however I surely would support it and help lead the way. I also know it might never happen but hey, you "can't start a fire without a spark." So here's to trying.

-BT

Last edited:

Peter.Steele

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 6, 2006
Chambers of the Grand Council
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']I know there are many out there, who like me, just don't get the same satisfaction from Ostfront that Combined Arms gave. Additionally, after constant searching of that next greatest game to fill that empty hole of dissatisfaction; I came up with an epiphany. Gameplay beats graphics any day of the week. Thus I would like to present the problems and possible solutions for resurrecting this legendary mod.[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] [/font]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Problems[/font][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/font]

Jono

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 26, 2005
Two dedicated servers in texas and NY?

You do realise that the Europeans form a majority here and even more so on the mod..

Not gonna happen I'm afraid.

Nimsky

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Elitist Prick Nude Beach
Wat

watdeeriq9.jpg

Grobut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 1, 2006
Denmark
Why go back in time when you can mutate? all RO:O needs to play like the mod, and better, is tweaks to weapons and a few HUD elements, basically, you just have to stip out the stuff that got nerfed when going from mod to retail.

People would actually play that, including many of the people who currently play the old mod, because it would be that, but with more guns and nicer models and effects.

Though a few map remakes would certiainly sweeten the deal.

Colt .45 killer

Grizzled Veteran
May 19, 2006
oh heh i thought you meant combined arms in ro:eek: because thats been really hard to find in good quality and quantity as of late..

-SemperFi-Jenova

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 1, 2005
Maitland FL
Why go back in time when you can mutate? all RO:O needs to play like the mod, and better, is tweaks to weapons and a few HUD elements, basically, you just have to stip out the stuff that got nerfed when going from mod to retail.

yeah, lets go back to when RO was the most fun! everyone knows that beta 1.2 was the best incarnation of the game yet. Free aim ruined the game.

Fedorov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 8, 2005
yeah, lets go back to when RO was the most fun! everyone knows that beta 1.2 was the best incarnation of the game yet. Free aim ruined the game.

Awwww, I would have loved to know RO at that time, I discovered RO when it was 2.0 (they added the tanks in 2.1 with kalinin)

Did I miss a lot?

worluk

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
The most fun time was 1.2, even most people *****ed on the forums instead of playing. I remember our "1.2 player" avatars from those who actually played :)

The "community" was very small, but the amount of retards was lower as well.

And it wouldnt work. Neither a mutator nor the OPs suggestion. The best one can do is to create a similar mod (without the intention to recreate it) and remember RO while doing so. Nostalgia will always beat the crap out of a possible recreation. So the answer is to create something new based on the experience and with the aim to bring back the fun and gameplay one had with RO.

-SemperFi-Jenova

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 1, 2005
Maitland FL
who else is here from back then besides mods or devs? ive lost track of every single member from my clan, who are still undefeated champions in red orchestra, just like me.

Grobut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 1, 2006
Denmark

I like freeaim, the things i miss is the more realistic recoil, and the more spartan HUD info, like never knowing how many enemies where in the cap zone with you.

Jamer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 14, 2006
Canada
Your response right here pretty much says it all.Clinging on to days long gone, Face it, your on the verge of death.