• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[How Do I?] How to bind Sry and NP to keyboard key

"Sorry" and "NP" are just simple chat commands:

Code:
say Sorry
say NP

you can no doubt test in this in the console. I could be poking in the dark here but theoretically all you need to do is bind a key to this command. Something like:

Code:
Bindings=(Name="L",Command="say Sorry")

This should be bind the command to the L key. I haven't tested this so I'm not sure it will work but it's worth a try. You probably need to put this somewhere in ROInput.ini.

P.S. You will probably want to use team chat instead of global chat. I don't know the exact command for that but it should be something like say_t or similar. I'm sure someone will correct me on this one. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would like to bind sorry and NP to a keyboard key how do i go about that? Further i have typed Np but I dont see where i forgave someone what channel does that need to be typed on will team suffice? I never talk on the global chat.

Add this to ROInput/[ROGame.ROPlayerInput]

Bindings=(Name="NumPadZero",Command="TeamSay NP,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Bindings=(Name="NumPadOne",Command="TeamSay Sorry,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

I've used NumPadZero and NumPadOne as examples, but you can choose whatever you want.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
setbind p say np

in the console.

Well Mr.Uber Helper.

Can you solve this one.. Alternate two fire modes with just one key.

I've trid something like this and it works but one way only.
Bindings=(Name="K",Command=" SetBind LeftMouseButton AltFire",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="L",Command=" SetBind ThumbMouseButton Fire",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Upvote 0
What do you exactly want in the form of you pressing a button and then what happening?

You can bind multiple functions to one key by using the pipe character |
like setbind p "say miow | teamsay go to the next objective"

using that knowledge you can make a rotation between functions
example:

Bindings=(Name="Gunsetup1",Command="setbind Leftmousebutton Fire | setbind ThumbMouseButton Altfire | setbind key1 Gunsetup2")
Bindings=(Name="Gunsetup2",Command="setbind Leftmousebutton Altfire | setbind ThumbMouseButton Fire | setbind key1 Gunsetup1")
Bindings=(Name="key1",Command="Gunsetup1")

This way pressing key1 would rotate the function of the left mouse button between fire and alt fire, and similar for the thumb mouse button. Sometimes the pipe character | doesn't work in that case you need to save the corresponding .ini file in a different utf file format.

In general another useful feature would be the onrelease command using that will execute a command after you release the key.

setbind p "say np | onrelease say No problem mate you are forgiven for your teamkill!"

pressing p would forgive someone (which doesn't show up in the text), while releasing p then give an additional message that does show up for everybody to see.

Last edited:
Reactions: El_Swine
Upvote 0
Thank you for trying Zetsumei :)

What do you exactly want in the form of you pressing a button and then what happening?

Bindings=(Name="Gunsetup1",Command="setbind Leftmousebutton Fire | setbind ThumbMouseButton Altfire | setbind key1 Gunsetup2")
Bindings=(Name="Gunsetup2",Command="setbind Leftmousebutton Altfire | setbind ThumbMouseButton Fire | setbind key1 Gunsetup1")
Bindings=(Name="key1",Command="Gunsetup1")

This way pressing key1 would rotate the function of the left mouse button between fire and alt fire, and similar for the thumb mouse button. .

Yes that is Exactly what I want.

I'm a craftsman and my thumbs are stiff as Nails and usless for "tap dancing"
So a bind like this has been on my wishlist since 2006.

I added your keybind suggestion into the ROInput.ini file but sorry to say it didn't work.

So do I need to create a UTF file? Or can it be made without the Pipe command?

Thanks for helping :)

EDIT: Yiipi.. Got it working now. But I still need two keys to toggle it back and forth :(

Bindings=(Name="K",Command=" SetBind LeftMouseButton AltFire | setbind ThumbMouseButton Fire",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="L",Command=" SetBind LeftMouseButton Fire | setbind ThumbMouseButton Altfire",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
it should be possible to basically bind a fake key as i did in my example and continue to bind the function of a key differently. I might have made some typos but I think with some messing around (perhaps first with a more simple function) you should be able to figure it out.

I don't understand what you mean by "fake key" Anyway I tried your bind with K and Key1. Didn't work.

Well thanks for your help Zetsumei. I'm glad I finaly got it working.
I would like to simplify the Bind I have working to one line if its possible.
Perhaps I can add an ONrelease cmd? Or toggle.

Upvote 0
try this

ingame open the console with ~

type in there

setbind key1 say hello

and then type

setbind p key1

-------------

when I then press p i get hello try if that works for you. Otherwise try messing around with the utf functions in saving.

Do you have to do this each time you play though? I set a macro on my Nostromo to do this instead. I found another difference in RO1 I had a macro that allowed me call for Ammo. With the new comm widget I dont see how that can be done does anyone else?

Upvote 0
Do you have to do this each time you play though? I set a macro on my Nostromo to do this instead. I found another difference in RO1 I had a macro that allowed me call for Ammo. With the new comm widget I dont see how that can be done does anyone else?

Bindings typed in the console stay its just that for big binds using the ini is probably more clean. Ask someone with the sdk to look up the call commands for the individual voice commands.

Upvote 0
type this in console

setbind p adminlogin username password

or in case you don't use multiadmin

setbind p adminlogin password

pressing p will make you log in. You could make a rotary button as well

setbind chicken "adminlogin username password | setbind p cow"
setbind cow "adminlogout | setbind p chicken"
setbind p chicken

pressing p will then make you login in and pressing it again will make you logout.

Upvote 0