• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How the RS launch could have been handled

Moskeeto

Dec 29, 2011
I'm channeling my inner Captain Hindsight here.

TWI probably could have pushed out the patch that fixed all the bugs for everyone, but made Rising Storm Lite an optional DLC download for those RO2 that didn't purchase it.

Something like this: http://i.imgur.com/8WRVjHz.png

Basically, those that want to play the free version can, and those that don't want it won't have to have it on their hard drive and can be kicked from servers if an RS map shows up. You would have to own RO2 to download it of course. I think this would have greatly decreased all the whining on the Steam forums.

I honestly don't mind how the launch was handled, but after seeing the forums, I realize how much people like to whine over anything.

Last edited:
I don't mind Trip changing content.

I completely disagree with them doing it at my inconvenience. And not taking the time to at least advising me of it.

RO2: HOS. Comes with Single player! Thats how it was shipped.

Why is it now a separate app. I have to download.

We're different customers from all over the globe. Some have brilliant bandwidths, and others have lousy ones. Trip should be considerate.

It the difference between a 10 yo company with a bright future. And a 10 yo company being swallowed up and dismantled in a merger.

Keep us happy. And at least your share value will improve.

Upvote 0
Why is it now a separate app. I have to download.
your question was answered in the support forum when you asked there. "The reason for splitting it up was that a lot of the multiplayer fixes and updates ended up breaking the singleplayer campaign. For that reason it was decided to split the singleplayer off to a seperate app (like a lot of games do). So that it remains functional even with multiplayer patches etc."
if it really comes down to bandwidth and download limits, then thank them from making you have to re-download the SP every time they make a patch or add anything at all to RO2 or RS.

Upvote 0
if it really comes down to bandwidth and download limits, then thank them from making you have to re-download the SP every time they make a patch or add anything at all to RO2 or RS.

Thanks Tripwire.

Now stay out of the content I've paid for. It's mine now. If you get any ideas about changing something. And only letting the community be made aware of it after the fact. I'll have the building your offices are in sold out from under you.

Without letting have time to pack.

Upvote 0
Thanks Tripwire.

Now stay out of the content I've paid for. It's mine now. If you get any ideas about changing something. And only letting the community be made aware of it after the fact. I'll have the building your offices are in sold out from under you.

Actually you signed an agreement form when you installed the game and steam.

"Tripwire Interactive would like to thank you for getting Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad. We hope you enjoy the experience. But before you get started, we need to make some matters clear. When you paid for Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad you did not actually buy the game. What you bought was a license to use the software that comprises the game and its related materials. And that license is subject to the terms of this EULA. This EULA is a binding contract between you and Tripwire Interactive and its licensors, licensees and suppliers. "

"Steam and your Subscription(s) require the automatic download and installation of Software onto your computer. Valve hereby grants, and you accept, a limited, terminable, non-exclusive license and right to use the Software for your personal, non-commercial use (except where commercial use is expressly allowed herein or in the applicable Subscription Terms) in accordance with this Agreement, including the Subscription Terms. The Software is licensed, not sold. Your license confers no title or ownership in the Software. To make use of the Software, you must have a Steam Account and you may be required to be running the Steam client and maintaining a connection to the Internet.

For reasons that include, without limitation, system security, stability, and multiplayer interoperability, Steam may need to automatically update, pre-load, create new versions of or otherwise enhance the Software and accordingly, the system requirements to use the Software may change over time. You consent to such automatic updating. You understand that this Agreement (including applicable Subscription Terms) does not entitle you to future updates, new versions or other enhancements of the Software associated with a particular Subscription, although Valve may choose to provide such updates, etc. in its sole discretion."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks Tripwire.

LOL! gee mr trump, I hope you don't buy my house out from under me for disagreeing with you. I really don't feel like moving.
and thank you danh for post the EULA he agreed to. maybe now he'll move on? :eek:

Upvote 0
You know it's really wonderful to see so many people that love and stand by Trip. And have no reservations about defending them.

I played RO when it was a Unreal tournament mod, bought it when it was first released on steam. Looked forward to RO2. Later purchasing it and RS.

What sad is there are no Trip employees in this conversation.

It's all community. All of us!

I'm furious, because I'm backing them. There's food and other stuff in their houses because of people like me, who want to believe that this is a great franchise. But Trip. Always find a way to trip it's customers up.

Good for you. Your happy. I'm not and I want Tripwire to acknowledge it. And rectify it. That way. I'm not back here when RO3/RS2 comes around

Upvote 0
You know it's really wonderful to see so many people that love and stand by Trip. And have no reservations about defending them.

I played RO when it was a Unreal tournament mod, bought it when it was first released on steam. Looked forward to RO2. Later purchasing it and RS.

What sad is there are no Trip employees in this conversation.

It's all community. All of us!

I'm furious, because I'm backing them. There's food and other stuff in their houses because of people like me, who want to believe that this is a great franchise. But Trip. Always find a way to trip it's customers up.

Good for you. Your happy. I'm not and I want Tripwire to acknowledge it. And rectify it. That way. I'm not back here when RO3/RS2 comes around

All games update without user consent not just RO2. Its just that Steam doesn't allow you to have different versions of the game probably due to DRM reasons.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

maybe when you buy their houses out from under them, you can take that food and stuff back? don't hold your breath waiting for someone from TWI to give you a formal apology or change it back the way it was to make you happy. aint gonna happen.
maybe you should have spoken up before they did it? if enough people did, maybe they would have done it the way you wanted. cause we all knew what was about to happen. they told us.

p.s. removing the SP and having it get it's own icon, IS an update. you still have it, so they didn't take it from you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
cause we all knew what was about to happen. they told us.

p.s. removing the SP and having it get it's own icon, IS an update. you still have it, so they didn't remove it.

I like a link to this information please.

SP campaign was removed. Why did it have to be re-downloaded. That was content I purchased.

And we have every right to expect a level of service from Trip.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0