• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How many KF2 players go back to play KF1?

Do you still revisit Killing Floor (2009)?

• Yes, I do so frequently

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I do so occasionally

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • No, I prefer KF2

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No, I do not own KF1

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Please comment)

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

Coffee009

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 6, 2012
Ohio
Title. I was curious how many people who frequently/occasionally play KF2 still get that itch to play the original game. Personally, I like to go back every few months because I find both games fun and enjoyable, but I really like the atmosphere (the game feels very dreamlike imo), better vanilla maps, lack of gorefiends/elite crawlers/EDAR, camping, and tbh I still think leveling the perks is fun. What about you guys (and gals)?

• Love
Reactions: infntnub
I just go back to listen to the hilarious voice calls and appreciate the old hud where it showed which kunt called for help.... and then fall asleep on wave 5/10.
The game just didn't age well.
Its fun, but i don't want to drive a forklift and be stuck with same meta perks and camp to win.

Upvote 0
I tried two times actually : something like two years ago and another time a few months ago. And both times I came to a conclusion that : it just feels dated

Don't get me wrong, I think it's part of the charm. Simplicity is sometimes a blessing and I do get a huge nostalgia factor to it. But there are way too many "quality of life" changes that I simply can't do without now.

-The polished textures and overall better looking artstyle
-The better "feel" you get with both weapons and your character (the ability to sprint, different voices and quotes...)
-The skills for each perk, making them more unique. And the quicker progression.
-Some weapons I can't do without anymore. Even though KF1 had some pretty good selections for each perk at the end of its lifetime.

However, I have to admit some things are still better in the first game. Namely the atmosphere, which felt way scarier for some reasons. The game was also somewhat harder, even though zeds didn't have extra capabilities. And finally : some maps should definitely be ported to KF2, due to how awesome and creative they were.

But still, bottom line : I don't get as much fun as I used to while playing. It's sometimes hard to go back to what feels like an "incomplete" version of a game. But I think I might pop it back in a few years. With or without friends.

Upvote 0
I definitely don't have access to it nowadays. But I remember playing down the local LAN party shop before it closed down. I uses to play prop hunt, minecraft and kf1 there and vividly remember kf1 being the scariest ****. The sounds, atmosphere (and the graphics for its time) and Patriarch actually being a consistent challenge. There are times when I kinda miss not sprinting so that you couldn't just outrun the FPs and Scrakes, and the old trader is quite iconic for what it is. Imagine if you could choose to reskin the zeds to have specific skins on, both community made and seasonal event based; no matter how much I hate EDARs, the halloween skin is freaking great and is infinitely times better than robobitch

Upvote 0