• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How it REALLY happened

How it REALLY happened

• Beg for forgiveness

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Babble about dosh

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Be cut down without knowing what hit you

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Challenge us to single combat

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Like Trousers

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
I had just begun to see the world as it was before the Outbreak came. It didn't take long; I was out drinking in a bar, then the first signs began to appear, but we were to ignorant to see them. And then, it happened: I was out walking on the sidewalk, talking about maybe getting some decent pants, and then suddenly I heard that horrible sound. "YOU CLOT SUCKAS". Next second, we were fleeing in terror. The Cockney apocalypse had begun. My name is Specimen 17826 (Everyone calls me Jim), and this is my story.

Journal Entry 1, August: The streets are in chaos. We had just been released, us specimen, and were learning the rules of society only hours before it happened. They looked like normal people....but they spoke gibberish. I'm not sure if they even are sentient, but I do know this: they are deadly. Us clots are always the first to go; we were the most numerous, and most vulnerable (albeit, we had better attitudes and were usually much more cheerful company than others in my family). So far we have them contained, but we don't know how long. They are bloody difficult to kill, can heal themselves, and even revive if others in their pack survive long enough. They hunt and stalk the streets, the woods, the countryside...civilians long ago either died, were abducted, or fled. Its up to us...

Entry 2: The outbreak has been slowly spreading and gaining steam, but I have escaped, for now. After I fled to a countryside manor from London, I have met a number of other survivors, and we holed up for the night...however, in the middle of the night, we started hearing heavy metal music, coming from seemingly nowhere. Scared, Davidson led most of the survivors out of the manor, but I could hear the screams and gunfire from my hut. Me, Linda, and Tom hid under the canoes, but when Tom heard the footsteps in the water....Tom has always been excitable, gasping around, and he bolted. Through the gap in the wood, I could see him torn apart as all six fell on him. They have evolved since they first arrived...I saw them weilding new AKs and even blades. I will never forget hearing them as they stopped in my hut, the wood creaking as they ran about. One sounded more feminine, and there was some sort of glowing substance they launched at each other....they repeated the word "DOSH" enough times for me to guess thats what they call it. God save us all.

Entry 3: I escaped the Quarantine zone, finally, just me and Linda, and her friend Frank who hid in the closet last entry. Sorry I havent entered here since then, it's been...exciting. Father promised us that his new soldier model would win us the war, armed with armor and flame-launchers, and we began partying in response. We all went to a club that was the last human-run establishment, run by a Scotsman with a fine taste in alcohol. The rave was a color-blurred, chaotic blend of alcohol and music...until the DJ turned around and blasted the owner with a shotgun. They had gotten to the point of imitating humans, and soon enough, previous guests even turned on us. Linda and I ran the dark corridors of the former asylum, running till we could run no more. The....things had evolved beyond any expectations, and it had turned from a battle into a massacre. If these new soldiers are what they're said to be, hopefully we might resist, but even then, they have gotten more numerous and more deadly.

Tonight, though, I have taken to the subways.

Entry 4: I have finally found time to write again...the days have been long and hard, but I have found Father, and currently we are hiding out in a distant Lab. We are sending out distress messages to anyone who will listen, but few are answering...has the menace gone everywhere? One of the Father's old brothers has replied, though, so hopefully we might get some help. Already his agents are sabatoging their weapons, so hopefully our forces might have a chance.

In the meantime, Linda has gotten pregnant. Somehow. I'm not really sure what to say....I mean, we've wanted a child, but I'm starting to think it might not be mine. There was that Scrake whom she knew...before he was torn to bits in London. In any case, I'm hoping to put whatever happened behind us, and perhaps settle down and find a home in the suburbs.

Entry 5:Well, we have gotten some assistance, but not enough to make a dent. The Brother returned to the North Pole after some bum dressed as Santa blasted his sleigh fleet with a LAW ambush, and the Corporation turned out to be a pyschotic robot that wanted to test us in some cruel games...luckily, after they took some shiny potato thing, she was distracted enough for us to escape alive. However, these minor victories may not be enough. In the meantime, however, I have settled into the Suburbs. Nighttime raids have always been rare, and usually they don't have time to check the houses, but stick to the larger buildings. I could get used to this.

Entry 6:I have lost everything. Everything. They came in the night, and I woke up to hard rock blaring from outside. We locked the door, just in time, before I heard "UNWELDIN THIS UN" and they began tearing it apart. My pregnant wife used her old training to slip outside, and I took to the back door. Outside was bedlam, and I wandered, running, looking for Linda, until I saw her....and It. The Cockney had an assauly rifle, and where the others saw nothing, he spotted her shadow, and she was filled with lead, nearly to safety, and collapsed before me. The lunatic was surprised by my neighbor, though, Ulga, who nearly popped his head, but he stumbled away into my alleyway. I punched him in the face, and grabbed onto him, and he shot me with the last bullet in his clip, before he had to reload. It sent me onto the ground, but as he ran from Ulga, I grabbed his leg, bringing him down, and then opened his throat, ending his babbling about drugs.

I have tasted vengeance, and soon I shall have it in full. The Father's mercenaries buy me some time for now. (He ran off to join the circus when he was 12, after acquiring a very unique disease, which he even had trademarked. His mother never forgave him, but she did find the clown that inspired him. That clown dissapeared after a shout of "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY CHILDREN" was heard in the vicinity)

In the meantime, I have found sunglasses, a machete, a motorcycle, and a rocket launcher (but sadly, no pants). I have created a team which will soon (stylishly) be upon you. And before I kill you, I wanted to post it where any (English-understanding) cockney could know why they died. And tremble.

Sincerely, Jim the Clot. :cool:

Last edited:
1288258329.jpg

Come and get me now suckas!

*Challenge us to single combat & Like Trousers*

Upvote 0
Omg someone has to do a story about "steve the local butcher turned scrake"

I knew a Scrake who wanted to be a butcher once. He was saving up his money to travel to Italy, learn the art of making top-quality salami and other such spiced meats and then open a shop in London. He planned even to stop by Milan to learn about the most fashionable trousers. Maybe grow his hair out, learn Italian, and learn how to create elephant-shaped hedges with his hand. Those were his passions, his hobbies after he came back from his job as a medic. A good zed, a zed of exquisite taste, gentle, but strong. Sadly that strength was not enough, however. His was killed in his Hospital one night, I hear. He was patrolling the corridors, trying to clean up the filth from the last raid, and make sure all his patients were okay, when suddenly 6 axement ambushed him from all sides. R.I.P. Greg. :(

Reactions: BizzareBonfa
Upvote 0
Recently, I heard a terrific performer on Britains got Talent by the name of Lara C. Growing up in a home where she was forced to do it tough, a single mother with 3 kids. Her husband beat her regularly but she pressed on. This was her last real shot in life and she did an amazing audition that ringed in the audiences ears afterwards. One audience member stated "It was an astounding vocal performance and I could almost see her voice radiating around me. That night, Lara was walking down a suburban street after audition. It was night and silent as the breakout had done. That night, she was above the world in happiness. That night, a crossbow bolt was found lodged in her skull with a note "for god sakes don't let her scream".

Lara C could have been the new face of Britain's pop culture. R.I.P

Upvote 0
Recently, I heard a terrific performer on Britains got Talent by the name of Lara C. Growing up in a home where she was forced to do it tough, a single mother with 3 kids. Her husband beat her regularly but she pressed on. This was her last real shot in life and she did an amazing audition that ringed in the audiences ears afterwards. One audience member stated "It was an astounding vocal performance and I could almost see her voice radiating around me. That night, Lara was walking down a suburban street after audition. It was night and silent as the breakout had done. That night, she was above the world in happiness. That night, a crossbow bolt was found lodged in her skull with a note "for god sakes don't let her scream".

Lara C could have been the new face of Britain's pop culture. R.I.P

A truly saddening story :(, R.I.P.

However, good news: my first day, I've survived and managed to kill 3 Cockneys today and quench my thirst for revenge....for NOW. The first was nearly a disaster, admittedly, after I crashed my bike into a parked car trying to cut one down. Luckily, I managed to kill one who had wandered off, however, and began throwing explosives at my squad...luckily, I kept my head, and kicked them straight back in a blink of an eye, just as my sensei taught me. Killed by his own instruments of destruction; a fitting first kill. The second we saw from afar, slaughtering with a sword as he went...and we caught him in between Betty, Tiffany, and Ulga. He was so stunned I managed to maul him without even drawing a weapon. The third was also injured, fleeing my buddy, Paul. I popped out, quiet as the night, and lassoed him in, silently ending his babbling.

Tonight I sleep soundly, but being back in the thick of it you see things you'll never forget.

End of Entry 7, second entry on my Warpath

Upvote 0