• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How is latency in servers closest to you?

closest servers give me 80+ ping, but lag depends on the amount of players in the server, rarely I have had less than 100-120 on 64 ppl server. 20 mbps connection.

Even on tripwire official servers in UK I can't get less than 112 with 64 ppl.
thats pritty good actually i have a seattle server thats literally 10-15 miles from my house and i cant get a ping lower than 140 with 64 people:mad:

Upvote 0
DuckSoup in Seattle (170 miles away from Portland) pings 23ms in Steam server list, and 50ms in-game. That's pretty damn good considering I used to ping UT servers across the street at 40 ms with DSL.

I have a wireless router and use the commandlet:
Code:
ping 192.168.1.1 -n 50 -l 65500
to make sure lag is not on my end (sometimes the transmission is FUBAR). 50ms is the best value I've had so far, but whatever the value, it's about the same as the latency with the nearest server.

I can play on some servers in Dallas with latency around 80ms.

From what I've seen so far, the latency in this game is equivalent to other games with respect to geographical distance. BFBC2 servers in the same cities give me the same pings as RO2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0