• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How is it where you are from ?

Spoiler!

Give them internet + a 300$ computer and they are all set.

Upvote 0
I am in Dearborn, Michigan (near Detroit.) It's a pretty lame city. There schools aren't that great and the people (for the most part) are arrogant and rude. The economy sucks, since it's the 'Motor City." There is also a large number of urban hoodlums in my neighborhood, walking around with their pants to their knees and dealing dope. Hoping to leave this city soon, up north in the countryside of Michigan or even better, North West Idaho.

There is one upside about where I live, the Henry Ford Museum. That place is amazing!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Currently I live in Springfield(one of the 27?) Massachusetts, USA. I grew up just outside Toronto, Ontario and I hate it here. Murder rates are the highest in the region, heroin is passed around like candy, the politicians are probably the most corrupt in the country, and everyone is indentured to one or many insurance or mortgage companies.

Example: I once was riding a city bus when some guy walked out around the corner and shot the windshield with a handgun, luckily this windshield was pretty fortified, but the bullet is still in that windshield to this day. Luckily someone on the street tackled the man and knocked him unconscious until authorities arrived. You will never hear of this because of the huge cover-up by the mayor and his board.

The people who inhabit the slums, which is the entire city and the 3 surrounding towns, at most times do not know simple math have kids half their age and believe enough jesus and drugs can cure any disease, especially the ones they make up. I have a saying, "When I cant carry a gun, I carry a knife, when I cant carry a knife, I carry a fork." Personally, I'm not a fan of being able to carry around firearms, but when the gun control laws strengthen (preventing lunatics to carry weapons thus not giving me a reason to carry mine) I'll gladly turn in my little PPK.

Now spending most of my life in Southern Ontario, Massachusetts disappoints me.
1. I miss lake Huron, every lake here is full of toxic sludge, and the ocean is nasty.
2. I CANNOT FIND A POUTINE ANYWHERE.
3.The city is full of people where they don't know the proper definition of the word "ignorant" but use it in every other sentence anyway.
4. The hill towns are full of bumpkins and the richey rich hopped up on oxies and percs.
5. The burbs try to think theyre better than the inner city people completely oblivious that theyre still the 99%.
6.DO NOT EVER COME HERE. You will get stuck in this city and you will die here.

Now being away from home really pays toll on my mind, my physique, and place in society. I say I'm from Canada and they say... "*enter discriminatory name for homosexual here*" "commie" and "you ruined bacon" maybe because of this song the people who take it seriously and the fascist writer and I say fascist because of this song. If you cannot guess this stresses me out to no end and my complexion and reaction to people reflect this.

Here's a good example of Canadian who get stuck in the states, check out this cajun, Shelby Stanga(yes the one from Ax Men)Ax men Shelby Stanga hunting an assistant - YouTube

As you can see, Canadians stuck in the states, seclude themselves, develop speech problems, wear incredibly short shorts, ride forklifts as general means of transportation, shoot their meals from said forklift store it in said short shorts but yet still have the selflessness to give it to someone who needs it more than them. So overall they go completely insane.

The area is just like the rest of the states: the majority hates and discriminates whoever is different as much as possible, the 1% financially rules over the 99% and the people will make up excuses that they feel threatened to be able to take something from somebody.

Upvote 0
Like it has been repeated millions of times before, strengthened gun laws only take guns away from the law-abiding citizens. Illegal guns will still find their way into the hands of the people no matter what. Why not arm the masses to protect themselves from those people? I have a concealed firearms permit, and I'm only 18, but my state government did background checks on me, took my fingerprints, took a photo ID, etc. I'm fine with that, because I know that is going to deter assholes that want to ruin it for everyone from getting a permit to carry. Give sane people the right to carry and gun crimes will go down.

Upvote 0