• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How do you pick your team?

How do you pick your team?

• Random

Votes: 57 27.7%
  • Russian Side

Votes: 78 37.9%
  • German Side

Votes: 60 29.1%
  • Losing Side

Votes: 39 18.9%
  • Winning Side

Votes: 9 4.4%

• Total voters

Luckless

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 28, 2011
So, how do people like to pick the team they are playing on?

Personally I keep 4 small dice beside my keyboard. Rolling all four, if more even numbers come up than odd, I go with Russian. More odd numbers, I go with German. Tie? I roll again.

That is, assuming the teams are even/start of round. Otherwise I just go to which ever team has the fewest players.

So, how do people like to pick the team they are playing on?

Personally I keep 4 small dice beside my keyboard. Rolling all four, if more even numbers come up than odd, I go with Russian. More odd numbers, I go with German. Tie? I roll again.

That is, assuming the teams are even/start of round. Otherwise I just go to which ever team has the fewest players.

I took an oath to kill Russians with only my MG-34 and a Tank, that's my basis of choice. :p

Reactions: Goten and Tomten
Upvote 0
Russians are always hurting for players. Plus I'm mentally insane enough to go Russian.

While playing as Russians on Spartanovka I once entered a conversation that went a little like this.

Commander?: Alright rush the church!

Krobar: You have to be completely insane to take back the church once you've lost it!

colt .45 killer?: But we're Russian.

Krobar: Exactly.

Someone regarded that that was the best logic he had ever heard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anubis9
Upvote 0
How do you know who's winning or losing if you're just joining the game? :confused:

Several giveaway signs:

* The team has less players.
* The team has lost the previous round.
* The other team has more players with a drastically higher score.
* The other team has a higher overall score.
* The other team, which is the attacking team, has all the objectives but the last one.
* The losing team is the attacking team but still has not even captured the first objective. Etc etc.

It is pretty easy to spot the losing team if you are just slightly experienced about the game mechanics.

Upvote 0
Several giveaway signs:

* The team has less players.
* The team has lost the previous round.
* The other team has more players with a drastically higher score.
* The other team has a higher overall score.
* The other team, which is the attacking team, has all the objectives but the last one.
* The losing team is the attacking team but still has not even captured the first objective. Etc etc.

It is pretty easy to spot the losing team if you are just slightly experienced about the game mechanics.
How can you see any of that except player count before joining a team?

Reactions: Tweek
Upvote 0
In RO1 I always joined "autoteam". Oh how I wish that was still an option. But failing that option in RO2 I went for whichever team had the least players. After a week of this it soon transpired that the Russian side pretty much always is the side with the least players. So now I seem very much in the habit of instantly clicking Russian.

I do try and mix it up as much as I can. But people seem to favour Germany, which makes me favour Russia by way of balance.

Upvote 0
Losing side always. The only way to find a challenge. It is so pathetic watching experienced players choosing the winning team, and that they do this even if it means the winning team gets an advantage of 2+ players against the losing team.

Yea I love choosing the loosing team and kicking ***. I can just imagine these guys getting so pissed HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I CHOOSE THE LOOSING SIDE! BECAUSE I KICK *** AT THIS GAME... lol

Upvote 0
Yea I love choosing the loosing team and kicking ***. I can just imagine these guys getting so pissed HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I CHOOSE THE LOOSING SIDE! BECAUSE I KICK *** AT THIS GAME... lol

Good for you. Although I would recommend taking it a little less personal. Doing something because you "can just imagine these guys getting so pissed" is not leading to healthy behaviour.

Upvote 0
While playing as Russians on Spartanovka I once entered a conversation that went a little like this.

Krobar: You have to be completely insane to take back the church once you've lost it!

That wasn't on 2.FJg's Tactical Realism server was it? I seem to remember a conversation on that server that went with a similar theme.

As I remembered it, we won.

Upvote 0
Losing side always. The only way to find a challenge. It is so pathetic watching experienced players choosing the winning team, and that they do this even if it means the winning team gets an advantage of 2+ players against the losing team.

Agree man!
To watch team"mates" changing into the winner team is great.

Red Army all time,if germans are low players i dont care.

Upvote 0

Not only is it the best logic, it's SOVIET LOGIC. Like it, or get sent to the gulag.

Upvote 0