• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How do you pick your team?

How do you pick your team?

• Random

Votes: 57 27.7%
  • Russian Side

Votes: 78 37.9%
  • German Side

Votes: 60 29.1%
  • Losing Side

Votes: 39 18.9%
  • Winning Side

Votes: 9 4.4%

• Total voters
Human beings -suck- at probability and odds. It's one of our biggest weaknesses. That's why I said, I don't know if there are any anomalous differences between rolling tons of dice and rolling a single dice. I wouldn't dare tell you if it changes the odds or not, because it's rarely as simple as that.

I think humans are pretty good at statistics:) In this particular case I suppose at the very least, using many dice would reduce the chances of one of them messing with the odds by being "fixed" or not properly weighted.

Back to the topic for me,
I choose Russians because I like them. I wish the Russian strategy of quantity over quality and their better preparedness for the cold weather were reflected in-game though. Tripwire has already started doing this by reducing the number of German Assault roles on non-tank maps. Now I wish they'd increase the respawn time/cost of P4 tanks a bit. The P4 is obviously superior to the T34 both in real-world and in-game, but the Russians had a LOT more tanks in Stalingrad than the Axis. The P4 was also much more time consuming to make and crew.

So:
Axis = Quality
Allies = Quantity

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think humans are pretty good at statistics:) In this particular case I suppose at the very least, using many dice would reduce the chances of one of them messing with the odds by being "fixed" or not properly weighted.

No, it's a known problem humans have. Numbers become meaningless when we take them off of a human scale.

Again, very few people can wrap their head around the whole "once an event has happened, the odds become 1:1 for it happening" concept. Trust me, I argue with them all the time.

Upvote 0
No, it's a known problem humans have. Numbers become meaningless when we take them off of a human scale.

Again, very few people can wrap their head around the whole "once an event has happened, the odds become 1:1 for it happening" concept. Trust me, I argue with them all the time.

Well nuts, that's a bummer. I've only had to deal with a handful of people in my life that thought that way, and a few were superstitious gamblers.

As for the Monte Hall problem, it practically illustrates the point. When you make your first selection, you have a 1/3 chance of choosing the car door. That means there is a 2/3 chance that the car door is one of the remaining doors. The host than narrows the doors down for you by opening a goat door. So choosing the remaining door lets you enjoy the 2/3 probability of your first selection.

SO Monte is altering the physical world to produce different odds. With dice rolls, nothing is altered. The odds stay the same.

Upvote 0