How do you pick your team?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

How do you pick your team?

• Random

Votes: 57 27.7%
  • Russian Side

Votes: 78 37.9%
  • German Side

Votes: 60 29.1%
  • Losing Side

Votes: 39 18.9%
  • Winning Side

Votes: 9 4.4%

• Total voters

Luckless

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 28, 2011
So, how do people like to pick the team they are playing on?

Personally I keep 4 small dice beside my keyboard. Rolling all four, if more even numbers come up than odd, I go with Russian. More odd numbers, I go with German. Tie? I roll again.

That is, assuming the teams are even/start of round. Otherwise I just go to which ever team has the fewest players.

RojaNNation

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2011
Los Angeles, California
So, how do people like to pick the team they are playing on?

Personally I keep 4 small dice beside my keyboard. Rolling all four, if more even numbers come up than odd, I go with Russian. More odd numbers, I go with German. Tie? I roll again.

That is, assuming the teams are even/start of round. Otherwise I just go to which ever team has the fewest players.

I took an oath to kill Russians with only my MG-34 and a Tank, that's my basis of choice. :p

Reactions: Goten and Tomten

Krobar

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 11, 2011
The sewers of Leningrad.
Russians are always hurting for players. Plus I'm mentally insane enough to go Russian.

While playing as Russians on Spartanovka I once entered a conversation that went a little like this.

Commander?: Alright rush the church!

Krobar: You have to be completely insane to take back the church once you've lost it!

colt .45 killer?: But we're Russian.

Krobar: Exactly.

Someone regarded that that was the best logic he had ever heard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anubis9

Gudenrath

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 23, 2011
Losing side always. The only way to find a challenge. It is so pathetic watching experienced players choosing the winning team, and that they do this even if it means the winning team gets an advantage of 2+ players against the losing team.

Moyako

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 10, 2008
Venezuela
www.xfire.com
How do you know who's winning or losing if you're just joining the game? :confused:

I always choose the side with less players, and if they're equal, just random

Gudenrath

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 23, 2011
How do you know who's winning or losing if you're just joining the game? :confused:

Several giveaway signs:

* The team has less players.
* The team has lost the previous round.
* The other team has more players with a drastically higher score.
* The other team has a higher overall score.
* The other team, which is the attacking team, has all the objectives but the last one.
* The losing team is the attacking team but still has not even captured the first objective. Etc etc.

It is pretty easy to spot the losing team if you are just slightly experienced about the game mechanics.

Yellonet

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 27, 2007
Several giveaway signs:

* The team has less players.
* The team has lost the previous round.
* The other team has more players with a drastically higher score.
* The other team has a higher overall score.
* The other team, which is the attacking team, has all the objectives but the last one.
* The losing team is the attacking team but still has not even captured the first objective. Etc etc.

It is pretty easy to spot the losing team if you are just slightly experienced about the game mechanics.
How can you see any of that except player count before joining a team?

Reactions: Tweek

Gudenrath

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 23, 2011
How can you see any of that except player count before joining a team?

I cant. And this of course should be fixed. In RO1 you had the option to spectate when joining a server, it should be likewise here. But in this game, after joining a team, I can see whats what, and I will change if I have joined the wrong (winning) team.

LordKhaine

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 19, 2005
UK
In RO1 I always joined "autoteam". Oh how I wish that was still an option. But failing that option in RO2 I went for whichever team had the least players. After a week of this it soon transpired that the Russian side pretty much always is the side with the least players. So now I seem very much in the habit of instantly clicking Russian.

I do try and mix it up as much as I can. But people seem to favour Germany, which makes me favour Russia by way of balance.

Warishell

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 16, 2010
Losing side always. The only way to find a challenge. It is so pathetic watching experienced players choosing the winning team, and that they do this even if it means the winning team gets an advantage of 2+ players against the losing team.

Yea I love choosing the loosing team and kicking ***. I can just imagine these guys getting so pissed HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I CHOOSE THE LOOSING SIDE! BECAUSE I KICK *** AT THIS GAME... lol

Gudenrath

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 23, 2011
Yea I love choosing the loosing team and kicking ***. I can just imagine these guys getting so pissed HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I CHOOSE THE LOOSING SIDE! BECAUSE I KICK *** AT THIS GAME... lol

Good for you. Although I would recommend taking it a little less personal. Doing something because you "can just imagine these guys getting so pissed" is not leading to healthy behaviour.

Princerunner

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 1, 2011
Sundsvall Sweden
Assuming there are as many players on each side I go with the Russians, but if the teams are too uneven I go with the Germans. I don't really care about the Russians, but they are usually the weaker them so it evens things out a bit.

Luckless

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 28, 2011
While playing as Russians on Spartanovka I once entered a conversation that went a little like this.

Krobar: You have to be completely insane to take back the church once you've lost it!

That wasn't on 2.FJg's Tactical Realism server was it? I seem to remember a conversation on that server that went with a similar theme.

As I remembered it, we won.

LeftHandPath

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 30, 2011

Agree man!
To watch team"mates" changing into the winner team is great.

Red Army all time,if germans are low players i dont care.

Unorthadox

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 1, 2011

Not only is it the best logic, it's SOVIET LOGIC. Like it, or get sent to the gulag.

:Dark Dragon

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 19, 2007
Russians, I simply can't help it. German team was crowded to death all the time at launch, and after getting a taste of the Russian voice cues.. I can't stop, they are more fun.