• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How do you counter the package holder?

ShaunyBoy

Mar 12, 2023
Firstly I just wanna say this game is amazing. But I’m having trouble figuring out what to do vs the package holder and have died to them every time so far (50 games played.)
They seem to know exactly where I am at all times so subterfuge is out of the question(?) But I only have a vague idea of where they are within like a 100m radius, so they get the jump on me without fail.
Is there something I’m missing?
I try to go for the package myself but the last time I had it I couldn’t even see anyone with the scan (bug maybe?)
I’m still having a lot of fun but it feels like there’s no option once someone has the package. Advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the response.
I do change disguise but it feels as though they are able to scan forever so long as they keep tapping it, so I find myself changing disguise every few seconds sometimes lol!
Maybe they’re grabbing more intel along the way.
Does the scan have a range?
Every time I’ve had the package so far I haven’t been able to see anyone with the scan is all.

Upvote 0
package holders can drain intel to briefly see all nearby agents in a 100/150m (around that), its a perk for not only rushing 1st to the vault, but to give the edge to the package agent, as after the package its in play, its all agents vs the package player. you are not forced to engage other agents that are also hovering the package holders. many package holders try to shoot and blow the cover of agents nearby other agents to try and force a fight. if i am aiming to get the package form the holder and the holder shoots another random agent i just wont shoot the non package holder and let them duke it out, then vulture for a easier kill. in 1v1s the package holder always have the advantage and most often than not, not only the 1st shot they also dictate the engagement rules (like hans players with package might want to force a fight in close range, while ace will probably try to get a few pot shots from a distance before fully engaging), chavez players with resistance might want to get a fight in a open place so you cant go behind a corner easily to deny the resistance. larcin players are actually disgusting with the package, but easy if they dont, as they are too slippery and always know where you are with it, chosing when to engage, when to run to heal, when to go over u and force a extraction area, forcing you to basically camp the area, and taking shots from the high ground and slowly plink your hp away. but if you have package larcins are actually one of the easiest agents to beat in 1v1 since they lose most of the invisibility benefits since if you beat them by getting the initiative (and you often do) you can hunt them down quite hard even if they run with invis, by running into the closest health station in case he goes there, or if he doesnt just hunt him or force a extraction super fast to deny his heal while healing your self.

also package holder danger wildly varies. if more than 3 ppl are left (like 4 or 5 or god forbid more), there is a really big chance that the package player wont be the one who gets out alive, because a lot of players will camp the main areas that connect to the vault, the areas before technician areas, more often than not denying you the package holder the healing stations, so any chip damage is permanent till you get a bit of space or have a decent social battery. not to mention if you are fighting someone, you will probably die to the 3rd or 4th party there due to cumulative damage, so you have to gamble that by revealing a agent to the others they will fight themselves, giving you a chance. if you reveal a larcin or xiu and they take a few shots at you and they run away, other nearby agents might bum rush you since you are weakened, and not chase the other sliperry agents, thats why its kinda of a gamble.

that's why the most common strategy of opening the vault, but not entering its quite popular. if you wait till someone enters, u can remove or heavily injure an opponent. the other strategies its just rush the vaults if you have gold +blue/purple or just camp the main connected area.

although very rare, but if you defend well enough the exits of maps like hard sell well enough with things like tripwires and characters like ace w3, yumi w3 or Chavez w3 vs non slippery agents, you can actually get to exhaust the intel inside the vault by chunking package holders with those hard hitting weapons even through cover shield and forcing enemy to use heals and intel to see which exit you are guarding repeatedly, actually giving you the edge if you manage to do that since they wont have wallhacks but you have pings.

Reactions: RorouniKenshin
Upvote 0
Unless they changed it recently my understanding is that the package range is indeed 150m. If you're over 150m away it won't detect you. As soon as they move within 150m of your position it will. This means that the package can also ping them 170m away and if the distance is closed fast enough they can detect your position before the next ping.

Upvote 0