How do you change the console command key?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

avp2501

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 4, 2009
Lost in the land of Magic
I want to change the console command key to a different key but how do I do this?

KF uses this key ' which I find hard to avoid when typing to other players, is there some way that I can change it to something else like

[UIT] Akame

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 5, 2009
My own personal hell
If you open User.ini which is in the Killing Floor system folder, you can find the direct key binds. I'm not quite sure I understand which key you are trying to find but if you can find it in the list, then set it equal to "ConsoleToggle" without the quotation marks. That is the command that brings up the console.

[UIT] Akame

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 5, 2009
My own personal hell
Since the shift key is a button, you cannot use it to modify another key outside of console and chat. Personally I either bind chat messages to keys ahead of time or use a mic.

poosh

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2011
Key assigned in configuration screek, user.ini or via console command "set input <key> ConsoleToggle" works only in game. When you are browsing menus or chatting, the default console key is used regardless is it bound to ConsoleToggle, or not.

avp2501

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 4, 2009
Lost in the land of Magic
User.ini :D thanks I've been searching for DefaultInput.ini and Input.ini....Silly me

Anyway I loaded up User.ini and it is assigned to the Tilde key so I guess that means unreal thinks my ' is actually the Tilde key which it isn't.

The keys that you assign to the console is Case Sensitive just to let you know and you also have to type in the name of the symbol for example if you want to use - you have to type in Minus instead of -

So yeah it's hard to find out what some symbols are called. I always thought that this & was called a Ampersand but apparently the @ symbol is also called and Ampersand but that doesn't matter since Unreal doesn't recognize Ampersand so how do you assign these keys???

It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't use KF so much but I use it tons.

So what do I have to type in the console key for: