• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design How do you add a KFRandomItemSpawn?

avp2501

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Lost in the land of Magic
I have 3 of these in my level and they all work. If i duplicate one and move it anywhere else on that level it's fine. but if i try to move it to a different floor i get a error message "xPickupBase is floating".

To fix this i've tried selecting the item and "align to floor" and "snap to floor" but neither of these fix it.

I've tried the "add KFRandomSpawn here" but that doesn't seem to do anything even though the floor is definately selected.

This is what i've been trying to use. is it the right one?
Actors -> xPickUpBase -> KFRandomSpawn -> KFRandomItemSpawn

Sounds like you're doing it fine. I've had the same problem, and I've just had to manually move the spawn down a few units so it's resting on the floor. You're right - align to floor doesn't seem to work for these things.

Try moving it manually and then hit the Refresh button. It should disappear from the list of errors if you've got it right.

Upvote 0
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'm having trouble spawning random items with *KFRandomItemSpawn.

I have added a few of these around a map at their default values, making sure they are the correct height above the floor with no error reporting on build.

The problem is no items spawn even playing a long game on beginner difficulty. Am I missing an option in the editor or something I should be adding to enable random item drops?

Upvote 0