• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design How do I .....? The Thread for all questions more than general.

How do you adjust capzones to move faster slower what is the formula I know where but I think there is a decimal number in the prop. How do you adjust number of men needed in the cap and how fast it caps? Thanks.

Just in case someone else wants to know where these options are...

ROObjTerritory Properties > ROObjTerritory > BaseCaptureRate / MaxCaptureRate

Basically I just take the default rates and divide or multiply them to get faster/slower cap rates.

Eg. BaseCaptureRate: 0.083330 (default) x4 = 0.33332

MaxCaptureRate: 0.066667 (default) x4 = 0.26667

These are the numbers I've used for Leningrad and Ardon because I think a longer cap time (plus large cap zones) means the fights are more intense and cannot be captured before the defenders have a chance to respond. In my opinion it's much more fun to battle back and forth for an obective as each team tries to reinforce and push the other side back. :cool:

Upvote 0
Use a mesh :p

If you click on the vertices (dots) and select them you can right click on them and move them around. Add as many sides/dots you need and when your planar shape is right click on Process in the tab and select Extrude, there you can set the length in Unreal Units, click OK and your Builder Brush should change its shape into your arch. :)

Upvote 0
Use a mesh :p

If you click on the vertices (dots) and select them you can right click on them and move them around. Add as many sides/dots you need and when your planar shape is right click on Process in the tab and select Extrude, there you can set the length in Unreal Units, click OK and your Builder Brush should change its shape into your arch. :)

Right I got that but there is a way to use the Curve part of the tool which I should have been more specific I think it is the Beziers curve or something of that nature. Which will produce a more natural curve I think.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys but just made something up after I found some nice textures in the Danzig package. I did some maths to keep it on the grid and simply built the thing after I made a rough idea.

And of course I know cgtextures.com great homepage ;)

I uploaded it so you can have a look at it or use it in your maps (Go to the Top menu bar click on brush --> import and open fachwerk.t3d)

It will look better with a few meshes on it ;)

Attachments

• building.zip
    23.7 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Ok, I made my own meshes and also made a collision model in UnrealEd but how do I turn off per-poly collision? Can't remeber if the VTM told me that :eek:

Also I would like to add a Corona effect to my "sunlight". Danzig has something which is pretty close to what I want but sadly my map is a bit more open and I would prefer to put my corona in my skybox or somewhere else where it isn't too obvious that I placed a light in the air with a special texture.

Also do I need to do something special so my ammo resupply points are shown on the overhead map?

And why has my MG42 gunner only one magazine (after spawn, the one loaded in the gun)

Upvote 0
Not sure about the collision model issues :(

I do know in regards to the corona that it will not work to put it into the skybox and have it show up in the main world cube. The skybox is a different zone. You could try tweaking some of the corona properties on your light actor, like the corona radius size, etc. Fog distance will eventually defeat you though. Sorry, there really isn't an easy answer to this.

For ammo resupply, there is a boolean on the actor that asks if you want them to show up on the overhead. Make sure this is set to True. Also, do you have your map bounds actors in place? NE/SW

Upvote 0
Two simple things:

First: The fog on my map acts weird if you fly above the map and look at the horizon you will see that the fog is "deleting" out the terrain and you can see the "sky" under the terrain. This is only a minor visual issue but the stock maps get all foggy in the distance and you only can see the fog, nothing else. What is causing this? My viewdistance settings (startfog, endfog?) or did I miss to check a box?

farkfog.jpg

(and don't mind the work in progress-ness, unless you know how to get rid of the black line in the sky)

And the second one is were can I make that my ammoboxes are shown on the overhead map? I can't find it anywhere, looked in the SDK manual several times :eek:

More halp, means a sooner release ;)

Upvote 0