• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design How do I .....? The Thread for all questions more than general.

I was thinking of playing with that property, but the dropdown menu only has options referring to neutral, axis, and allies. im not sure how this will work, but ill take a look.

for now, i have used the cheap-ass, un-investigative, too-lazy-to-learn-the-minor-inconsistencies-of-unrealeditor solution: doubling my playerstarts and adding a new ROSpawnArea actor, so essentially its two spawns right on top of each other, each bound to a different objective :p

i will probably take a peek at bmustloseallrequired tonight.

thanks for listening bros! :D

Upvote 0
Damn it, why is this vertex off the grid? !@#$ The little bastard won't snap to grid!

Damn it, why is this vertex off the grid? !@#$ The little bastard won't snap to grid!

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble with a uppity BSP vertex that won't snap back unto the grid via vertex-editing. The little bugger just jumps around the grid point. Normally I just drop the grid down by a size and a troublesome vertex will get the picture and snap to the grid. In this case, I've worked myself all the way down to grid size 1 (I normally work in 64) and the thing still won't snap. The thing is like a hair off the grid.

Can you force a vertex onto the grid?

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

I'm having trouble with a uppity BSP vertex that won't snap back unto the grid via vertex-editing. The little bugger just jumps around the grid point. Normally I just drop the grid down by a size and a troublesome vertex will get the picture and snap to the grid. In this case, I've worked myself all the way down to grid size 1 (I normally work in 64) and the thing still won't snap. The thing is like a hair off the grid.

Can you force a vertex onto the grid?

Make sure you are only selecting the 1 vertex at a time.. then double-right-click on it in vertex edit mode.

If you do that with 2+ verts that are in different places, it'll snap one of them, but move the others the same x/y/z distance.. and you'll still have vert's off the grid.

You might find it easier to goto 3d Wireframe view, and turn on large-vertices to select the one troublesome vert.

Upvote 0
Ignore: [Drax, the double right click didn't work for me. However, I tried a couple other key combinations and found that Alt-RMB will snap a vertex to the nearest grid point.]

Thanks Drax, you were right. A double right click right on the vertex will snap it nicely. I have no idea why Alt-RMB worked earlier, but I couldn't get it to work yesterday.

/shakes fist a ROed goblins
/realizes that map isn't done yet
/placates ROEd goblins by sacrificing nice juicy BSP brush.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
can someone tell me how to use BSP based terrain to build a trench botom or piles of rubble.

It's pretty easy.. just create a BSP terrain sheet and vertex edit to suit. Apply your texture and done.

(or at least that's how I remember doing it.. it's been many years since I've used the BSP Terrain..)

Upvote 0
it's a tad complicated, but here it is:

Add a Pfaust pickup from the actors
(Actors>Pickups>Ammo>ROAmmoPickup>ROPlaceableAmmoPickup>*ROPanzerFaustPickup)
and then go in the actor properties of it

ROPanzerFaustPickup Properties>ROPanzerFaustPickup>WeaponType>PTRDWeapon

also Pickup>InventoryType

and then to change what the message is
ROAmmoPickup>Touchmessage> Change it to whatever you want

and Pickup>PickupMessage

To change the static mesh so it shows the PTRD on the ground go to
Static Mesh Browser and go
WeaponPickupSM package>Weapons group>select the PTRD SM

and then in the ROPanzerFaustPickup actor props again go
Display>StaticMesh> and hit the "Use" button.

Upvote 0