• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code How do i get started?

Ron

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 9, 2006
Ok i'd like to do some mutators or mods for ro but i dont know where to start, i can use and write basic programs in c++ so actually learning unreal script shouldnt be a problem, so can anyone give me step by step instructions of how to get set up.

i again would suggest wotgreal and its code browser. You can see pretty easy in what parent class the function has been generated and where it was overwritten.

You dont have function definitions as for example in C header files.

Some functions are explained in the wiki, others (added in RO), well, you have to trust the comments, or find out the hard way ;)

Upvote 0
Um, not that you should be doing other peoples work but do you have a URL? The WOTgreal site seems to be having troubles. If not Ill just hold tight as it will likely be up again in a few days.

Plus, since your reading this, Ive tried backing up the inheritance hierarchy to find functions definitions but am not always able to do so. Those with "function" prefixes are traceable but some other types (like final float functions) are not. i.e. Fmin, sqrt, smert. Some are obvious (Abs, sin, sqrt) but some are not (FClamp, Lerp).

Upvote 0
IconoclastDX said:
Um, not that you should be doing other peoples work but do you have a URL? The WOTgreal site seems to be having troubles. If not Ill just hold tight as it will likely be up again in a few days.

I googled for "WOTgreal download" and found it elsewhere on Saturday. Sorry I don't remember where. One of the many download sites like tucows.com had it.

Upvote 0
Thx worluk

Case said:
I googled for "WOTgreal download" and found it elsewhere on Saturday. Sorry I don't remember where. One of the many download sites like tucows.com had it.
Yeah, i found some as well but they were older versions and Unrealwiki warned of some vicious bugs that I didnt feel like dealing with. Thanks though.

P.S.: so what about Fmax or smert? Anyone know what these do, or how I can find out? Ive searched a plenty.

Upvote 0