• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics How do emp grenades work?

What do they normally do, just slow the zeds to a crawl or stun them, so you can take them out effortlessly with your melee weapon of choice??

I've only seen them second-hand so far since I don't want to be the fourth berzerker on any given team, but they remind me a lot of the Z.E.D. Guns (especially the alt fire on the mk2) from KF1.

Upvote 0
Sometimes when I throw an emp the scrake/fp seems to not care and rages anyway.

You need 2 nades not 1 in order to calm them.

What do they normally do, just slow the zeds to a crawl or stun them, so you can take them out effortlessly with your melee weapon of choice??

I'm not sure about this. I mean, for sure, it slows them down but sometimes it stuns some of the trash (is it random or HP/stat based ? I can't tell) and sometimes not. Also, I'm not sure if it weakens them, but I'm inclined to say it doesn't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
EMP grenades do the following:

*Confuses the trash ,and Gorefast, ZEDs, making them walk into walls and such, unable to attack.
*Slows movement of some of the larger ZEDs and stops special attacks during the effect (Bloat's puke, HUSK's fire weps).
*Stops rage on the Scrake with 1 grenade for the duration of the flashy electric effect; once the effect ends it will still rage.
*Stops rage on the FP with 2 grenades. The moment the effect ends, any damage will contribute to it's rage.
*Minor damage to all ZEDs, can just about kill a Crawler if it's caught near the middle.

Upvote 0