• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How customizable are the MP AVATARS?

As long as its RO2 I'm buying not another COD its fine. Do as you wish.

A way of solving the randomize problem is having you choose a set of appearence and then you spawn with a random of thoes. But people may just choose the same apperance and I persnally don't care.

Character customization - NO
Limited equipment customization - YES

With limited I mean things like rolled up sleeves. This is things that dosent matter if eweryone have set the same.

I think the Resistance and Liberation have solved this werry nice! [Attached Thumbnail]

If you choose to add extra ammo, a extra ammo belt appear on your character. One more grenade, another grenade will appear. And each extra thing you add, adds weight.
This you do in-game after choosing your role. NCO's have more equipment available the a normal Riflemen.

Last one, if you can choose between different hats/helmets eweryone will not run around with the same. Most people don't care and just take what is default. That is my own experience.

Attachments

• rnlsfsdfsfsfsfsf.jpg
    rnlsfsdfsfsfsfsf.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Very few people are going to choose a 6'3" because he can carry more.

Being 5'5" far outweighs any benefits of being tall.
i don't know about that, surely you can't speak for everybody. maybe height can connote that one's stronger as well. with better melee damage.

btw, I don't see anyone in "rage mode" or being "gongrats"...not sure where you acquired your vocab, but it stinks of high school.

heh, pick two words out of a litter of others and insinuate i'm immature? who stinks of high school now.

grognard=wargamer

rage mode = i made up, on the basis of this thing called the grammatical english vocab syntax.

dont take it personally, i wasnt serious.

as for the topic. same faces when spawn, good point on that.

Upvote 0
My thing with the whole leveling system is that, it makes no sense making more experienced soldiers have ripped and tattered clothes, it should depend on the time and place.

Why should you have torn apart clothes at the begining of Stalingrad, or how could there be a fresh German recruit after december 42?

good point. the whole ripped uniforms are based on articles i've gathered about the reward system thus far.

i wonder how they're going to make the veteran-avatar-reward mechanics relevant to the date of the maps, as aforementioned.

Upvote 0
Very few people are going to choose a 6'3" because he can carry more.

Being 5'5" far outweighs any benefits of being tall.
i don't know about that, surely you can't speak for everybody. maybe height can connote that one's stronger as well. with better melee damage.

heh, pick two words out of a litter of others and insinuate i'm immature? who stinks of high school now.

grognard=wargamer

rage mode = i made up, on the basis of this thing called the grammatical english vocab syntax.

dont take it personally, i wasnt serious.

as for the topic. same faces when spawn, good point on that.

So, in your last post, you used nerd slang and showed you had your panties in a bunch that people weren't enthusiastic about changing players eye color, so you come back with this post where you intentionally use a couple of "fancy" words to prove me wrong and then you repeat my statement towards you back at me? Then you completely backtrack and say you weren't serious after taking offense?

okay bud, I know 10th grade can be tough for a gordarf, but you'll get through it. (troll face)

Btw, melee is rubbish in RO (this isn't cod, melee is relatively rare) and just because you are 6'2 doesn't mean you are stronger (RO isn't going to randomize strength either)

This topic is a deep deep rabbit hole, that's why it has no place in an established, conventional FPS. Games need to be built around RPG systems, not added in at a later date.

Upvote 0
The only player customization that'd be nice would be the light customization that Nylle went on about. Rolled up sleeves, wearing a zeltbahn (spelling?), painted helmets, or fabric helmet covers wouldn't be that big of a deal. For Russians you could have capes or winter hats for example. Just small stuff that doesn't set you apart from a regular soldier. If it's in the game: Zippidy do dah. If it's not: It wasn't that much of an importance anyways.

Upvote 0
Oh god, please no.

Do hipster types really hate conformity that much that they need to be "different" in-game?

No, please no, oh god please no. The last thing ANY FPS needs is player character customisation. It's a totally unnecessary bandwidth waste. If you want to look all unique and hip, go play TF2... they encourage players to look like tards in that game. Leave this one alone.

It's called a "uniform" for a reason, and "customisation" is NOT it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
From the looks of the screenshots, character models will be dependent on map. On winter maps, they have coats, on summer maps they have rolled up sleeves.

Things like backpack and zeltbahn are dependent on class. snipers wear cape and zeltbahn, engineers have a backpack.

@ karmakazn, there is always variation to uniform, please be more imaginative and informed. what we're talking about has nothing to do with pink trousers and clown shoes. we're talking about things like helmet straps, foliages, helmet covers, ponchos and greatcoats which make the game more immersive and realistic.

Upvote 0