How can you not love them.....

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SolitarioSoldat

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 28, 2010
USA,Tampa,Florida
I just found on steam that untill January 2nd all TWI games will be set at price of 50% discount,which makes:

The ball - $9.99
Killing floor - $9.99
RO Ost 41-45 -$4.99

So how can anybody not love these dudes???

I have no clue about KF and the Ball but I might just look couple of videos on you tube and just buy this 2 games iven if I dont play them much at all.

So how does KF works in MP,is it sort of hosting type? and also does The ball has MP or is just a longer lasting SP game?

Bobdog

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Texas
KF is a 6-player zombie killing co-op MP shooter. You can play on dedicated servers or host your own listen. The Ball is single player only.

timur

FNG / Fresh Meat
I just found on steam that untill January 2nd all TWI games will be set at price of 50% discount,which makes:

The ball - $9.99
Killing floor - $9.99
RO Ost 41-45 -$4.99

So how can anybody not love these dudes???

I have no clue about KF and the Ball but I might just look couple of videos on you tube and just buy this 2 games iven if I dont play them much at all.

So how does KF works in MP,is it sort of hosting type? and also does The ball has MP or is just a longer lasting SP game?

KF...well KF is what brought me to TWI, and my favorite game as of yet (ROOST is coming close though). It is a co-op survival horror against a large variety of zombie like abominations set in the British Isles (a great deal of settings, and also 1000+ community made maps to enjoy as well).

A perk system for specialization, a wide variety in settings guns, and enemies, and a very alive community really make it worthwhile. Killing Floor MP is a system of hosting that mirrors that of ROOST, except with more filter options.

The Ball I am probably going to buy about now as well, I'll fill you in on that when I know; however, I am aware that it is singleplayer only.

SolitarioSoldat

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 28, 2010
USA,Tampa,Florida
I think I'm going to get them both just to support this group of devs for making ROHOS so special,well special at least to me and also for making ROOST such a stiff moving,realistic,addictive game that I cant take my hands of it!!!! loving it!!! the game dont feel stiff any more,it all feels natural now :)

Got My Logitech G35 yesterday which works great with ROOST VOIP,so that makes it G35,KF and The Ball a Christmass present for my self....

Last edited:
Reactions: Unterscharfuhrer

-[SiN]-bswearer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 3, 2008
definitely pick up KF while it's on sale! ;):)

i originally preordered it when it was first released thinking to myself, "this will hold me over max 1 year until RO2 is finished"..........yeah, well since RO2 has yet to be released and i'm still playing KF a couple times a week, it was well worth the investment (if you can really consider $15 an investment :D)

Reactions: RiccardoTheBeAst

Apos

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 3, 2007
Europe
www.enclave.pl
I've spent 300+ hours in each of these games (RO:O and KF). It's absolutely worth to get both games. For The Ball I don't know. It is good game, but pretty short...

kid Charlemagne

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 23, 2009
norway
ill pick up the ball as a christmas gift to TWI, just hope the money goes to the devs peronally cose they rock and deserve a great christmas, but it is ok if the money goes to ROHOS as well:p

bought killing floor a couple months ago after trying a cracked version and i felt like crap for stealing from TWI so i had to buy it. dont really have the time to play killing floor(ROOST always gets in the way) but ill have to see the christmas monsters, so i guess I will log in right after buing the ball.

anyways, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE:D

we should all chip in and buy TWI a :IS2:

slavek

Grizzled Veteran
May 4, 2006
UnrealEd: Viewport #1
I would definably say pick up Killing Floor. Well worth the 10$ and plus community content is still being made(Maps,Mods,Mutators etc). Don't bother listening to game critics or other players, you have to try it for yourself (RO had bad reviews but it is a great game, go figure(I'm looking at your Xplay))

Last edited:

11_HARLEY_11

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2010
Thanks for the heads up on the sale. I just bought it (RO that is) for 2 friends, tried for a 3rd but steam wouldn't accept his email for some reason. Oh well 2 out of 3 aint bad. :) edit: ahhh got it for the 3rd now, my day is complete.

Last edited:

SolitarioSoldat

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 28, 2010
USA,Tampa,Florida
i don't like valve and i'm neutral towards twi

Why neutral towards TWI,did they do you wrong in any way? I'm new to this forum and game,maeby 3+ months and playing RO every since I joined here and heard bout RO2,so far all I've seen from TWI and played their so called outdated RO my impressions from this team its that these people know their **** when it comes to making FPS game for PC...

every since I heard about TWI I've been extremely pleased by their work as professionals but also their devotion towards the gamers and them selves since they are gamers too.

Every time I look at TWI as one I see down to earth people,who like all of us want to make it in the real world while doing what they most love,all I see down to earth peeps and not cold hearthed,money driven,big corp. controlled devs, GAMERS+DEVS=MAGIC.

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 22, 2009
i like what ro2 is about, but i dislike some of the twi practices. the cross promotion tf2 pyro for killing floor dlc character is just one example of the things i find ridiculous.

Reactions: Snuffeldjuret

Bashenka

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 5, 2009
Seattle
i like what ro2 is about, but i dislike some of the twi practices. the cross promotion tf2 pyro for killing floor dlc character is just one example of the things i find ridiculous.

But it works for KF, as it is somewhat of a ridiculous game to begin with - bad-***, yes, but silly nonetheless. I don't think we should expect the same for HOS. No TF2 heavy with an MG42. As awesome as that would be...:)

slavek

Grizzled Veteran
May 4, 2006
UnrealEd: Viewport #1
But it works for KF, as it is somewhat of a ridiculous game to begin with - bad-***, yes, but silly nonetheless. I don't think we should expect the same for HOS. No TF2 heavy with an MG42. As awesome as that would be...:)

"It costs 400,000 Reichsmark to fire this weapon for twelve seconds!"