• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound How can I make a custom voice pack?

I have no clue where to start making it. I know how to create simple audio files with voices, but I don't know how to put ingame and/or bound them to a character

Basically what you do is look for previous voice packs and how they are implemented, which means the code.

1.) Import all audio sounds to a single package named by you (make it unique).
2.) Make the voicepack for your audio sounds which sets what audio is for what command (like Yes will be blah blah blah and Help! will be blah blah blah).

Decompile KFMod.u and search files beginning with "KFVoice". That will show you all of them.

Upvote 0
Is there any info/guide about it? I would like to try some things, but I don't know where to start :( Any help is appreciated.

Basically you will have build your own portfolio and keep everything organized. I remember when I edited L4D2 to make a voice pack. Took me 2 weeks to change over 12,000 sound files. Good Luck my friend :)

L4D2 Voice Pack - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've been trying to make a custom voice pack (WITHOUT mutators) for a group of people I play local games with--we play with custom textures for players/monsters and I've been wanting to extend that to voices.

Here's what I know:

• To change a voice in the UPL, you must change the species. Changing VoiceClassName does nothing as far as I can tell.
  • Changing the species to other official species works. For example, changing the robot's voice to reggie or a default to ash harding works.

However, I've had absolutely no luck in getting the game to use custom species (it seems to ignore them and use the default voice). I've even tried declaring them in the KFMod.u actor/info/voicepack/teamvoicepack/xvoicepack/kfvoicepack and object/speciestype/kfspeciestype/species_kfmalehuman respectively.

If anyone knows what else to do it would help immensely.

Upvote 0