• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How about we just wait til release/beta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

^There's this cool new forum feature which allows you to jump straight to the next reply from the TW Staff (or moderators) :) You can find the info much easier and faster. Rumo, click it. It leads you to answer to one of your questions ;) (Also quoted below)

that was the post rumo was referring to, and it's still open to interpretation wrt eg lemon playing as the russians - since the enemy team speaks his first language, we aren't sure that we won't have the 'cod problem' of using the same german voices for everyone, or whether we'll have a solution eg bad company 2 where the russians talked in eurotrash with a dodgy accent <--- I see this as being the most likely solution, just with decent voice actors :IS2:

Everything is possible, so I can be wrong in the end, and there'll be tons of new people who are nothing like us, enjoying the game, but the direction of things looks to be the opposite so far, and the casual audience of today is even more dumb than the casual audience of 2006 when RO1 was out.

and there's loads of people that got bell-curve'd into the hardcore bracket that tripwire will be selling to :cool:

...oh wait, you're concerned of being bumped into the arma-II bracket aren't you? never mind :(

Upvote 0
And you know this how?

Many didn't like RO1 for many reasons. RO2 will be bringing a lot of different players. It's time for some of you old RO lovers to understand that RO2 will have a much brighter success then RO with a much bigger crowd. To simply come to your conclusion doesn't make sense until we see the final results of who is playing what in RO2. That 'Countdown' mode alone will be a huge success.
+1 This.
A sensible post amongst a mist of annoying dust, thank you bud. :rolleyes:

Realism mode is clearly the "Ro classic" mode that some of you are looking for(including me), now lets all cheer up and enjoy the best PC game for years to come:cool: with support, mods , competitions and a hell of a bigger crowd than RO1 n a ton of servers and options. Alternatively you can simply wait for the.... "no more decent PC fps titles in sight for a long time".

To be quite honest, voting with your wallet against a game like this no matter how your preferences might differ a bit is only gonna hurt the overall PC crowd, it's not gonna help and you won't see a company such as TWI showing up on your doorstep again anytime soon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
An outsider competitive community got info and participation about the competitive aspect of the game. But so close to the release, we did not get to see what their plans for the realism settings are, so why is their input any more valuable than ours?.

How about the fact that TWI have i good idea about how we will view game based on the fact we like RO

Because of this complete lack of details, we don't even know if TWI's "Realism" is aimed at the Ostfront fanbase or at the SS realism crowd, or at the Darkest Hour crowd... which are all completely different things.

If we can use server cfg's then why cant be aimed at all of them

I'm telling you guys that no matter how hard your marketing is, or how hard you try to expand the game, your primary public is, and will always be, the guys who do love the original Ostfront as it is, and you should make a preset mode with us in mind.?.

How do we know they havent made a preset mode with us in mind - Have you actaully played it ? No nor have I so it's guessing again

Christ we haven't seen much yet even in the few videos that are about - it's like trying to guess the plot of a book from a single page.

Upvote 0

^There's this cool new forum feature which allows you to jump straight to the next reply from the TW Staff (or moderators) :) You can find the info much easier and faster. Rumo, click it. It leads you to answer to one of your questions ;) (Also quoted below)

As Frostedfire had mentioned it before, that post from Wilsonam was followed by a question from me, which you seemed to have overlooked and wasn

Upvote 0
I wouldn't say what I said without a reason to say it.

-People don't talk about this game outside the forums.

Oh yes they do try goggling a bit and you'll find plenty

-The few outsiders who are in the beta don't have anything nice to say about the game; they tell TWI how awesome their game is, and how good it looks, and then from behind they say the graphics are shyte, the game is boring and is buggy (well, just what TWI was trying to avoid by not doing an open beta, seems that a controlled environment didn't help much) So I can say that TWI's strategy to bring them over is just not working.

And you have proof of this?
And why if the game is boring and buggy are you bothering to take part in any conversations regarding the game at all?

It seems to me that your mind is made up about RO2 so simply don't buy it.

-The amount of people with this game on their Steam wishlist is disappointing at best.

Lol..And the wishlist is a true indicator of an intention buy..Be serious please..

-Then you have some of the reporters from the 1C event who didn't have nice things to say about it either, for RO1, there was only one precedent like that which was the G4TV video, but everything else were positive reviews.

Man..You really don't want to buy this game do you..

I'm the last person who'd like to bring such bad news, as I've always been the optimistic type, but I can't ignore the evidence and that's just how grim the situation looks, and now I'm not talking about this feature or that feature, I'm talking about the future. I'm not even giving the haters any credit, because I know that the game is great and it'll play great, as the old timers who made into the beta are reporting, I'm just pointing out that the new guys don't like it, and is not gonna sell as much as we thought it will, is just as simple as that.

But none the less you must tell us all..lol
You have no evidence of new players not liking the game at all..Because they like you have not played it yet.

Oh so now you do want to play the game..Please make your mind up here...

Everything is possible, so I can be wrong in the end, and there'll be tons of new people who are nothing like us, enjoying the game, but the direction of things looks to be the opposite so far, and the casual audience of today is even more dumb than the casual audience of 2006 when RO1 was out.

"Tons of new people nothing like us" Wow..now that does seem a little elitist to say the least.

So, do you still think that we are not gonna be the main audience in the game? Even if you disagree, I hope that at least you comprehend my fears in this regard.

I personally totally disagree with your views..

I really hate to be writing this, but thats just my current perception.

You certainly don't give that impression..

And you can quote me..

I have seen similar posts appearing now and again in these forums and they (as are yours) are based upon a personal view of RO2 because RO2 does not appear to be the game you want it to be..

i.e. A re-skinned version of RO1

Fine we are all entitled to an opinion..

And from your posts your opinion is basically saying is that RO2 is doomed to failure because it is not a carbon copy of RO1 with a new engine..

Well i'm afraid that in my opinion the new game is far better than RO1 because of a lot of these new features and because TWI have been progressive enough to look at other games and why they are popular and incorporated some of those features into this title..

But with all that said they have still kept virtually everything that makes RO1 popular even now years after its release..

Change is the way of life and we usually have to deal with it..But in this instance you don't..You can simply not buy the game and be comforted by the fact that you have contributed in its inevitable downfall..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
...It seems to me that your mind is made up about RO2 so simply don't buy it...

...Man..You really don't want to buy this game do you...
I'm sorry, but what the hell are you talking about? To me it looks like you didn't even read or understand most of what he wrote.

It's pretty clear that he is just concerned about certain game design decisions and the lack of info about them and you are completely misinterpreting him (probably on purpose so that you can whine about people expressing their concerns and offering constructive criticism).

What is the point of your posts? You are just whining about the fact that other people have concerns and are expressing them. How is what you are doing in any way helpful or useful to TWI and RO2? :rolleyes:

Oh and stop using such an annoying way of responding to people. It's much easier for you and everyone else if you just use the quote tags and write your responses under them, instead of writing colored text in between the quoted text.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry, but what the hell are you talking about? To me it looks like you didn't even read or understand most of what he wrote.

It's pretty clear that he is just concerned about certain game design decisions and the lack of info about them and you are completely misinterpreting him (probably on purpose so that you can whine about people expressing their concerns and offering constructive criticism).

What is the point of your posts? You are just whining about the fact that other people have concerns and are expressing them. How is what you are doing in any way helpful or useful to TWI and RO2? :rolleyes:

Oh and stop using such an annoying way of responding to people. It's much easier for you and everyone else if you just use the quote tags and write your responses under them, instead of writing colored text in between the quoted text.

And it seems to me that you did not read or understand it either..
Now please stop whineing about others expressing a view contrary to your own..

Upvote 0
It's an endless circle, isn't it? Someone complains about the game, you complain about them complaining, I complain about you complaining that they complained, etc etc etc. :p

All I'm really trying to get at is that it should be ok for people to express concern. Telling someone "just don't buy it then" merely because of that seems a little over the top, especially if speaking to a long time RO follower.

Upvote 0
I don't see why the people who are claiming to be concerned don't just make a "Facts About RO2 That Concern Us" thread, instead of turning simple update threads into crap.

Seriously, make one thread, and update it as you go along. Keep it level-headed and serious, and let TWI know what concerns you so that they can answer that, instead of wading through all the nonsense in EVERY. SINGLE. THREAD.

Of course you could also make a thread titled "Wild Assumptions We've Convinced Ourselves To Be Fact That Make Us Cry" for when you want to claim that everyone hates what RO2 will be and no one will play it, blah blah blah.

Upvote 0
It's an endless circle, isn't it? Someone complains about the game, you complain about them complaining, I complain about you complaining that they complained, etc etc etc. :p

All I'm really trying to get at is that it should be ok for people to express concern. Telling someone "just don't buy it then" merely because of that seems a little over the top, especially if speaking to a long time RO follower.

Touch

Last edited:
Reactions: AsoBit
Upvote 0
I'm actually surprised at how many irresponsible consumers there are on this forum.

I'm not spending 40-60 bucks on a game I may play for a few hours and say "meh" I can't even fill up my truck with that much money.

Secondly, these consumers really are not doing TWI any favors. If we all had this attitude, they would just feed us whatever leftovers were in the fridge; and you are telling us to smile and ask for more? Raising questions and requesting features before the release of a product is GOOD thing. If we wait for patches, that may be fine and dandy for us, but it will still hurts tripwire (sales/reputation/lost time).

So tell me again how TWI, or we (the consumer), benefit from not engaging in discourse with the producer?

Upvote 0
An outsider competitive community got info and participation about the competitive aspect of the game. But so close to the release, we did not get to see what their plans for the realism settings are, so why is their input any more valuable than ours?

Because of this complete lack of details, we don't even know if TWI's "Realism" is aimed at the Ostfront fanbase or at the SS realism crowd, or at the Darkest Hour crowd... which are all completely different things.

I'm telling you guys that no matter how hard your marketing is, or how hard you try to expand the game, your primary public is, and will always be, the guys who do love the original Ostfront as it is, and you should make a preset mode with us in mind.

I no longer want to wait till I play the game to pass a judgment, I don't take pleasure from judgments, I'd rather play the game I want instead.

I completely agree. Idk why TWI wants to do all this stuff, like unlocking bayonets, English voices etc., etc., etc. The list goes on and on. I think the pros outweigh the cons in this game, but you should aim for a game that pleases you have to find a balance between pleasing newbies and old guys, and you really gave the short end of the stick to your core base. This is why a lot of guys who have been around these forums lost trust in you, TWI. Because you've lied to us, and you will not even admit it. You said a week or 2 ago at most that the game was still in alpha. This means 2 things, either A) the game is far from done, or B) you're lieing to get us to shut up. Nice try, look how well that works out when the game is released. Not a very smart move. Also you said it would take up more memory to have full native languages, instead of English ones. WHAT??? You can not honestly expect us to believe that it would take more memory if it was in one language than the other. If anything, ENGLISH would take up more memory than Russian or German, because, oh you know, it's only one of the most complicated languages on Earth. Also, this is more of a tip than a compalint. Why don't you describe something clearly more often? For example, the English voices, you started off saying something along the lines of "There will be English voices in game. We have discussed this internally and have decided to keep it." After a major **** storm, you said how it would only be automatic things that will help the team. I can see the functionality of that, and it doesn't totally piss me off (although I still dislike it a lot) but why not explain that at the beginning, instead of letting there be a whole lot of room for confusion? This has happened with sooooo many things. People were very confused with how unlocks and leveling up and what not would work a while ago, after a storm about that, then you cleared it up. Thanks. Stuff like that can be seen going as far back to one of the gameplay demos from over a year ago, where you are describing a game mode and the interviewer is like "Erm... what?" Being clear in describing things will eliminate a whole lot of rage, and with good reason.

The pros do out weigh the cons. I think the game will still in principle FEEL like RO, but I don't think I will pub it much, I will just wait for mods to come out for it, and I will probably only play realism with my unit. That said, I think issues like spawn clutter, movement speed which was way too low in RO was made faster, the zooming in when Iron sighting is good (that was another thing people got PISSED about).

I know the initial reaction to this post will be "Ban his ***", but at the end of the day, I want this game to be as good as it can be, and sometimes calling out things that make you unhappy is the way to do it. Remember, you may dislike me personally for posting this, but everyone here represents many other opinions of people who play RO, and have never even been to the forums.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I completely agree. Idk why TWI wants to do all this stuff, like unlocking bayonets, English voices etc., etc., etc. The list goes on and on. I think the pros outweigh the cons in this game, but you should aim for a game that pleases you have to find a balance between pleasing newbies and old guys, and you really gave the short end of the stick to your core base. This is why a lot of guys who have been around these forums lost trust in you, TWI. Because you've lied to us, and you will not even admit it. You said a week or 2 ago at most that the game was still in alpha. This means 2 things, either A) the game is far from done, or B) you're lieing to get us to shut up. Nice try, look how well that works out when the game is released. Not a very smart move. Also you said it would take up more memory to have full native languages, instead of English ones. WHAT??? You can not honestly expect us to believe that it would take more memory if it was in one language than the other. If anything, ENGLISH would take up more memory than Russian or German, because, oh you know, it's only one of the most complicated languages on Earth. Also, this is more of a tip than a compalint. Why don't you describe something clearly more often? For example, the English voices, you started off saying something along the lines of "There will be English voices in game. We have discussed this internally and have decided to keep it." After a major **** storm, you said how it would only be automatic things that will help the team. I can see the functionality of that, and it doesn't totally piss me off (although I still dislike it a lot) but why not explain that at the beginning, instead of letting there be a whole lot of room for confusion? This has happened with sooooo many things. People were very confused with how unlocks and leveling up and what not would work a while ago, after a storm about that, then you cleared it up. Thanks. Stuff like that can be seen going as far back to one of the gameplay demos from over a year ago, where you are describing a game mode and the interviewer is like "Erm... what?" Being clear in describing things will eliminate a whole lot of rage, and with good reason.

The pros do out weigh the cons. I think the game will still in principle FEEL like RO, but I don't think I will pub it much, I will just wait for mods to come out for it, and I will probably only play realism with my unit. That said, I think issues like spawn clutter, movement speed which was way too low in RO was made faster, the zooming in when Iron sighting is good (that was another thing people got PISSED about).

I know the initial reaction to this post will be "Ban his ***", but at the end of the day, I want this game to be as good as it can be, and sometimes calling out things that make you unhappy is the way to do it. Remember, you may dislike me personally for posting this, but everyone here represents many other opinions of people who play RO, and have never even been to the forums.

hey are in beta, the thing after alpha, but its early beta, and feature lock has been declared, meaning they are only adding features that were already planned and they have to get out ASAP before release. I don't think you want a game released without weapons that need to be in the game do you? Or game breaking bugs. I don't see why they lied.

They already explained the English voice thing over and over and over, yet you STILL don't get it do you? Its localized for each language, and having 3000+ lines of dialog in TWO languages WILL take more then ONE language. 1+1 = 2, 1 = 1...
Get it?

Loading 6000 lines of dialog into your RAM will take more then the 2gig of RAM most people have, they said it was a choice made because most people still run their PC on 2gigs.
Heck, it could even be over 9000 lines of dialog (Localized language + Russian + German Battle chatter) So its better to leave it as 3000. They already said they MIGHT have an option later.

Why are people finding this so confusing.

The game will work like this, if say you live in Japan, both sides will speak Japanese when you play as them in over 3000 lines of battle chatter, the enemies will speak a very basic Russian/German language, simple shouts or insults. If you got your way and it was native Russian and German battle chatter, you have to load all 3000 lines for both languages, because in the middle of the match if you switched sides you'd have to have the audio loaded already or you'd face another loading screen, frankly no one wants.

Thats what I got from it, though it is possible that it loads 6000 lines, cause you need Russian and Germany Accents, but if you want native voices it'd be 12000 lines of dialog, Basically 2x the amount of data you need on RAM.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

No, Lightsaber is right, its you who didn't understand anything, and misinterpret everything and taking it out of context on purpose, so I'm not even gonna bother replying to your ridiculous answers.

Blacklisted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not tellin anyone to blow their money on somethin they don't want

Im saying
At least wait til others have played the game and seen how the browser works (or other features), and then pass a judgement, it's too early to complain about a server browser no one has witnessed in use

Who said we don't want RO2? If we didn't want it we wouldn't be here.

And again, I've already stated why we shouldn't "wait and see" when it comes to products; it's a bad mentality for all involved.

You've yet to highlight the +'s (benefits) of "wait and see"

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.