• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How about we just wait til release/beta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrLebanon

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 6, 2011
on a forum
I know this has said countless times before (eg here)

But seriously, let's all wait til we can actually play the game before we pass our judgements on it.

There seems to be a lot of problems concerning that the server browser will not make it easy to play realism type game modes and the like - which is understandable.

It is however a tad on the ridiculous side that this is done without even experiencing how the server browser will work!!

An example of a game that had two drastically different game modes, and a browser that allowed both game modes to be found quickly, was Battlefield Bad Company 2.
You would just tick the "hardcore" button and you had nothing on your screen but the hardcore gamemode which was made by the developer

TWI has already stated, there will be realism, and there will be relaxed realism. Let's wait til we can play the game and see how well it is implemented into the browser.
If realism is not what the realism crowd is pleased with, and other settings need to be tweaked.. we all know very well that TWI is amazing with patches - and they will most likely implement further changes to the browser if needed (eg realism + realism loadouts/no unlocks etc).

Until we can actually see the game, the browser, and so on, I would think it would be wise to stop complaining about things we do not know to be 100% true :)

May the :IS2: be with you all!

EDIT: I'm not telling you to go buy the game of your still weary of it
I'm saying at least wait til others have played to pass a real judgement and stop turning everythread into a ****storm in the meantime

Last edited:
But seriously, let's all wait til we can actually play the game before we pass our judgements on it.

I'd like to make sure the game satisfies my play style sufficiently before I buy the game. Once I pay for it I can't get my money back. I'll probably end up waiting until after the release date to read reviews and watch gameplay videos to verify if it is worthy of my money.

Upvote 0
How about they show me the features of the game or let me test it via a demo before I give them money?
You know, like it is with most deals made (and where it isn

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Instead of having to wait till beta/release we could just have more detailed info about the game to make our judgements about it while there's still time for the devs to take our feedback on account. I mean, it's almost a month before release and we've had no HD gameplay footage and there's still so much we don't know about the game yet.

Reactions: LightsabeR and Rumo
Upvote 0
An outsider competitive community got info and participation about the competitive aspect of the game. But so close to the release, we did not get to see what their plans for the realism settings are, so why is their input any more valuable than ours?

Because of this complete lack of details, we don't even know if TWI's "Realism" is aimed at the Ostfront fanbase or at the SS realism crowd, or at the Darkest Hour crowd... which are all completely different things.

I'm telling you guys that no matter how hard your marketing is, or how hard you try to expand the game, your primary public is, and will always be, the guys who do love the original Ostfront as it is, and you should make a preset mode with us in mind.

I no longer want to wait till I play the game to pass a judgment, I don't take pleasure from judgments, I'd rather play the game I want instead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
An outsider competitive community got info and participation about the competitive aspect of the game. But so close to the release, we did not get to see what their plans for the realism settings are, so why is their input any more valuable than ours?

Because they wanted to know what other players from other communities looked for in a game.

Because of this complete lack of details, we don't even know if TWI's "Realism" is aimed at the Ostfront fanbase or at the SS realism crowd, or at the Darkest Hour crowd... which are all completely different things.

Its aimed at all realism fans or players who to take the game to another harder level.
It's not aimed at anyone group as that's a little limiting, don't you think?

I'm telling you guys that no matter how hard your marketing is, or how hard you try to expand the game, your primary public is, and will always be, the guys who do love the original Ostfront as it is, and you should make a preset mode with us in mind.

And these players are catered for in the vast array of options available with server cfg's.
The problem is that different groups want different settings, So "One mans meat is another mans poison"
What you want is an Osfront mode..lol..So basically you want RO2 to be a reskinned version of RO1..And I believe it will be possible in the server cfg.
But it does kind of defeat the object of making a new game with new features to expect it to be just like the original..

I no longer want to wait till I play the game to pass a judgment, I don't take pleasure from judgments, I'd rather play the game I want instead.

And this statement seems to sum up your attitude towards the new game.
"I'd rather play the game I want instead"
But the game is not being made just for you is it?
Hence the reason for some of the above being implemented in RO2.

There are just a few weeks left so show a little patience.
Surely after these years of development you can wait just a few weeks more.

Upvote 0
There are just a few weeks left so show a little patience.
Surely after these years of development you can wait just a few weeks more.

Incredibly annoying post answering within the quote so I can't quote you back, nice.

Its aimed at all realism fans or players who to take the game to another harder level.
It's not aimed at anyone group as that's a little limiting, don't you think?

And without info, what do you know?

And these players are catered for in the vast array of options available with server cfg's.
The problem is that different groups want different settings, So "One mans meat is another mans poison"
What you want is an Osfront mode..lol..So basically you want RO2 to be a reskinned version of RO1..And I believe it will be possible in the server cfg.
But it does kind of defeat the object of making a new game with new features to expect it to be just like the original..

Certainly not, RO2 is full of great ideas, and good innovative mechanics, but that doesn't mean I want my team talking in a cartooney english or having to unlock 71 mag drums.

And this statement seems to sum up your attitude towards the new game.
"I'd rather play the game I want instead"
But the game is not being made just for you is it?
Hence the reason for some of the above being implemented in RO2.

Way to completely misunderstand my post. It only means that we need to speak our minds before is too late, that there is no use in complaining later.

Also, stop talking as if it was just me, cause the amount of people who are asking for an "Ostfront mode" is reaching critical levels now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
(...) the amount of people who are asking for an "Ostfront mode" is reaching critical levels now.

This. I don't want to use custom server setting or mods to play Red Orchestra (which in that case will be very unpopular) in Heroes of Stalingrad if you know what do I mean.

Upvote 0
Incredibly annoying post answering within the quote so I can't quote you back, nice.

And without info, what do you know?

Certainly not, RO2 is full of great ideas, and good innovative mechanics, but that doesn't mean I want my team talking in a cartooney english or having to unlock 71 mag drums.

Way to completely misunderstand my post. It only means that we need to speak our minds before is too late, that there is no use in complaining later.

Also, stop talking as if it was just me, cause the amount of people who are asking for an "Ostfront mode" is reaching critical levels now.

Can I quickly say, TWI know what the community want, they know what you do not want.

I highly doubt they'll have just taken the old Ostfront style of playing and thrown it out of the window, as it's the core mode they've built on since their modding days of RO.

Have some faith in Tripwire, Recently I've seen a lot of well played, good indie developers take flak for their new ideas and decisions in attempts to push the game forward. For example, BIS took major flak for moving ArmA into a futuristic setting - Even by their own community.

I know a lot of people get worried when change comes, but give Tripwire a chance to show, because, Until we've played the beta - we wont know whether certain features are alright or not.

Come release, you may have changed your mind about your teammates speaking English, you may have changed your mind about the unlock system. Not to mention - I doubt that TWI wont have added an "Ostfront" mode, and I'm 100% sure you can edit these settings through server .cfg files as it's UnrealEngine.

Upvote 0
I'm telling you guys that no matter how hard your marketing is, or how hard you try to expand the game, your primary public is, and will always be, the guys who do love the original Ostfront as it is

And you know this how?

Many didn't like RO1 for many reasons. RO2 will be bringing a lot of different players. It's time for some of you old RO lovers to understand that RO2 will have a much brighter success then RO with a much bigger crowd. To simply come to your conclusion doesn't make sense until we see the final results of who is playing what in RO2. That 'Countdown' mode alone will be a huge success.

Upvote 0
And you know this how?

Many didn't like RO1 for many reasons. RO2 will be bringing a lot of different players. It's time for some of you old RO lovers to understand that RO2 will have a much brighter success then RO with a much bigger crowd. To simply come to your conclusion doesn't make sense until we see the final results of who is playing what in RO2. That 'Countdown' mode alone will be a huge success.

I wouldn't say what I said without a reason to say it.

-People don't talk about this game outside the forums.
-The few outsiders who are in the beta don't have anything nice to say about the game; they tell TWI how awesome their game is, and how good it looks, and then from behind they say the graphics are shyte, the game is boring and is buggy (well, just what TWI was trying to avoid by not doing an open beta, seems that a controlled environment didn't help much) So I can say that TWI's strategy to bring them over is just not working.
-The amount of people with this game on their Steam wishlist is disappointing at best.
-Then you have some of the reporters from the 1C event who didn't have nice things to say about it either, for RO1, there was only one precedent like that which was the G4TV video, but everything else were positive reviews.

I'm the last person who'd like to bring such bad news, as I've always been the optimistic type, but I can't ignore the evidence and that's just how grim the situation looks, and now I'm not talking about this feature or that feature, I'm talking about the future. I'm not even giving the haters any credit, because I know that the game is great and it'll play great, as the old timers who made into the beta are reporting, I'm just pointing out that the new guys don't like it, and is not gonna sell as much as we thought it will, is just as simple as that.

Everything is possible, so I can be wrong in the end, and there'll be tons of new people who are nothing like us, enjoying the game, but the direction of things looks to be the opposite so far, and the casual audience of today is even more dumb than the casual audience of 2006 when RO1 was out.

So, do you still think that we are not gonna be the main audience in the game? Even if you disagree, I hope that at least you comprehend my fears in this regard.

I really hate to be writing this, but thats just my current perception.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.