• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How about a Killing Floor 2?

soon03.jpg

Upvote 0
I would love to see how a KF2 would be like in terms of TWI's thoughts. I have checked out a few ideas from what the community said but the developer usually has a trick up it's sleeve to make it different to what we are asking for BUT to make it more awesome. This would be interesting if we had TWI's inside information here from them personally.

Upvote 0
I would definitely love to see KF2 in the UT3 engine, can you imagine what the Husk would look like with bump mapping? brrr makes me shudder thinking about how scary it would be.

But don't get me wrong, as I think what these guys did with a relatively old engine is astounding, imo KF, IS the best looking game ever made on the UT2004 engine and I doubt could ever be beat.

Who knows? one day eh, eh TWI? :)

Edit,

Or how about we get a team together and make KF2 as a mod for RO2 and try and win the make something Unreal contest.

imagine

Marco/Benjamin coding
Hemi characters
Gartley/me/Flux weapons
Murphy etc mapping

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is absolutely no need for a Killing Floor 2. Killing Floor is fine as it is, a killing floor 2 would bring nothing new, exept the possibility of it running on a newer version of the unreal engine. With it running on a newer engine, sure it might look nicer with modern game engine technology, but thats it. It would be a pointless waste of time. Killing Floor looks fine as it is, a game doesnt have to look stunning with loads of modern shaders and complex geometry, as long as the general aesthetic is great, which KF as it is now, has. Not only that, with KF running on the older UE 2.5 it is available to a much larger audience as a super computer isn't required to run it.

If you want updates and additional to killing floor, a 'killing floor 2' is not the answer because as it stands, it can still be updated.

Reactions: Aze and tixhal
Upvote 0
There is absolutely no need for a Killing Floor 2. Killing Floor is fine as it is, a killing floor 2 would bring nothing new, exept the possibility of it running on a newer version of the unreal engine. With it running on a newer engine, sure it might look nicer with modern game engine technology, but thats it. It would be a pointless waste of time. Killing Floor looks fine as it is, a game doesnt have to look stunning with loads of modern shaders and complex geometry, as long as the general aesthetic is great, which KF as it is now, has. Not only that, with KF running on the older UE 2.5 it is available to a much larger audience as a super computer isn't required to run it.

If you want updates and additional to killing floor, a 'killing floor 2' is not the answer because as it stands, it can still be updated.

Unreal 3 hardly requires a "super computer," and there are loads of things that the devs want to add to KF but can't because of engine limitations. There's only so much you can do with updates.

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
Plz, don't say that "killing floor 2 would be the same as kf just with better graphics"

many things could be changed. like more better menu etc, and dont forget about all the new types of gametypes we could have.

maybe they could even make like futuristic killing floor, where they shown how it was in the future? or maybe a storyline on how the zombies where coming to life? how the scientists fought the specimens before they came to the surface?

The story of Killing floor can be expended to the universe. if you ask me! It has so many tweeks and holes in the main story! Really great!

or they could make it even more hardcore? in the name of multiplayer! by giving the zeds advanced moving etc

or it could go Dead Island and totally fail with a roaming world. I would really like to try a killingfloor roam world. if it was made with constant action. and not with silly tons of areas with nothing at all :)

Reactions: Olivier
Upvote 0
I totally agree that you cannot top the game as is BUT.....

We have already seen a sacrifice implemented due to memory issues, with the last freebies.
This just shows that we are going to be restricted on any future freebies, which is sad news as people are always screaming out for new updates and such.

I have heard somewhere that due to the memory allocations used by UT3 engine, it will allow more players and more enemies, so that is a win for a start.

It is really down to, what the devs would like the future of KF to be and in it's current standing, are any future updates possible? would they be better to call it a day on the current model and go for a new engine.

It's up to them at the end of the day and what they believe would be the best way to go.
I for one would welcome it.

Upvote 0
Are you suggesting there is no possible way to have a better menu other than having KF2 running on UE3?

Nearly everything you just said is more than possible with KF as it is.

There already are mission maps - Theres nothing stopping the devs doing this
There already is new gamemodes
The story and Universe of KF can be expanded, with KF as it is.

It would be a waste of resources time and manpower to create a KF2, when the current game can so easily be, and is, being updated, modded and changed.

plus lets not forget that RO2 still needs a lot of work and attention paid to it, that should and I believe is where most of their focus is going right now.

Upvote 0
Are you suggesting there is no possible way to have a better menu other than having KF2 running on UE3?

Nearly everything you just said is more than possible with KF as it is.

There already are mission maps - Theres nothing stopping the devs doing this
There already is new gamemodes
The story and Universe of KF can be expanded, with KF as it is.

It would be a waste of resources time and manpower to create a KF2, when the current game can so easily be, and is, being updated, modded and changed.

plus lets not forget that RO2 still needs a lot of work and attention paid to it, that should and I believe is where most of their focus is going right now.

New specimens with new abilities can be added in KF2 that can't be added in KF due to engine limitations. As a result, new weapons could be added that would be overpowered or not practical in KF because all the specimens behave more or less the same. New game modes and mission maps could be more fleshed-out and polished in KF2. Why would devs make mission maps for KF when they could be executed much better with a newer engine? There is only so much you can do with Unreal 2.5 and KF in general as it stands now, and there is no reason not to make a sequel.

Last edited:
Reactions: shadowwill
Upvote 0