• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hotfix Work In Progress Patch Notes

Hey sharks,

We look like we have the following items addressed in the upcoming hotfix, currently targeted for a release next week (the week of June 1st). Due to the nature of some of these fixes, we want to make sure they get some additional QA time, which prevents us from being able to deploy this update sooner. As this is a work in progress changelog, it may not fully reflect the final update as things move through the QA process.

All Platforms
  • Added a backup save system where the game will keep two saves in a save slot incase one becomes unavailable so it can fallback to the previous
  • Added additional protection to keep save files from being overwritten
  • Added additional protection to the save system to keep saves from corrupting
  • Retroactively fix for collectible and landmark objectives that got destroyed but did not grant progress. You will need to re-enter an area to trigger this fix in each area
  • Optimization done to the map menu
PS4:
  • Fixed a controller disconnection that could result in a freeze/crash and corrupt save
  • Added further Dynamic Resolution adjustments to improve framerate
XB1:
  • Fixed an issue where disconnecting the controller or switching profile would result in the game going back to the main menu without saving
  • Fixed an issue which could cause some hardware to shutdown
  • Fixed trees popping in during the opening cinematic

We apologize for the frustration these issues have caused you and thank you for your patience as we have worked to get them addressed. For all the latest keep your eyes here .
Is there a fix for missing upgrades due to crashes?

Upvote 0
So before I jump the gun and get super sad, I need a confirmation.
I see hot fixes for ps4 and gates and whatnot. I was a level 28 shark, was 3 bosses from Queen; does this mean I have to start all the way from the beginning ?
I'm lost as to the solution being the gates, is all I have to do is breach a location and I get all collectibles? (Caches, License plates, and landmarks.)
And for evolutions, how will I be able to get those back? My infamy? The nutrients?
I know these are a lot of questions, and I apologize greatly. I just need confirmation on if I need to grind it all over again.
I did extensive research before buying, and had no idea this was a possibility. (Wiped save file) As I doubt anyone on the team did either.*
Thank you for everything you've done for the community, I look forward to your responses and I know that not only myself will greatly appreciate it. ❤

Upvote 0
The hotfix continues to be under QA test this morning. It looks like one item has dropped off of it as that fix did not pan out, but we are continuing with the rest as is due to the priority nature of the fixes involved.
That majority of us losing our save files don't have the time to grind. Maybe we could get some free stuff ay? by free i mean "skins" releasing the "tiger shark" skin for everyone would be nice. You guys could make a "zombie" shark. :)

Upvote 0
Hi, I don't know if the patch has already gone live or not, I didn't notice any updates, but in case it already did go live, one landmark in Prosperity Sands is still bugged :(
Can you please fix this ASAP, it's needed for for the shadow tail (I think) and I just really want to get complete set of shadow armor, but without that landmark it's not possible.
I attached a screenshot of which one, I don't remember for 100%, so I marked them with 1 and 2, i'm quite sure it was 1, but might have been 2. I hope you can fix this fast. thanks.

Attachments

• bugged.jpg
    bugged.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 1
Upvote 0
June 2 UPDATE: During the testing of the build, issues popped up around the save system, which has required more work and additional testing to be done. We are currently aiming to have a new Release Candidate (what we would upload to the platforms) in test by later today or early tomorrow with a goal of getting this update out later this week still.

Upvote 0
Will this hotfix allow players who unlocked everything (including opening all the gates) prior to fighting Scaly Pete to unlock the 100% completion achievement? Because some people are stuck at 99% or something because of a landmark glitch but that's a separate issue.

Just wanted to make sure you guys are aware of the nuance between these two problems. (y)

Upvote 0
Bought the game Sunday morning and was enjoying it so far. I was level 14 and fighting Candyman Curtis when I died and was sent back the opening cutscene and the beginning of the game. I’m using an XBox 1 X, Microsoft elite controller, no mods, saved to the internal hard drive and not an external. I routinely go back to the grotto as I saw that’s how you save the game.

I’m not interested in starting over from the very beginning. Can we get cheat codes to level ourselves up and clear zones so I can rebuild my save file? I was almost done clearing Dead Horse Lake, I don’t want to have to go through 14 levels again if corrupted saves are an issue with a $40 game in 2020.

• Sad
Reactions: KoldStrejke
Upvote 0