• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hotfix release 6 Sep 2007

[TW]Wilsonam

VP, Tripwire Int.
Oct 17, 2005
Roswell, GA
www.tripwireinteractive.com
Hotfix: melee exploit - video card issue - Polish language

We have just released a hotifx that covers 3 items:

1. We have removed an exploit that allowed people to fire while sprinting after performing a melee attack
  2. A crashing issue being reported on pre-DX9 graphics cards has been fixed, where some older cards were causing the game to crash when launched
  3. The Polish language text files have been brought into line with the latest update
To be sure of picking up the hotfix, please exit Steam and restart it. That should be all you need to do and the update should be small!

Although I liked the new "abilites" you had, they didn't fit into RO's gameplay that way - but done in a proper way, it could be a great addition to RO.

I often used the shooting while sprinting for suppression fire while covering openground - without really exspecting to kill him. But you could still hit from the hip as usuall, so that was unbalanced.
I liked how it was more complicated to use: It was "too slow" to be used when you need to maneuver good (indoors or while a fight) - so it was more usefull for longer sprints.

If it was somehow made a lot harder to hit while sprinting and if you wouldn't have to juggle your weapon for it to work, I would like it for adding variety in ways to approaching fitting situations.
But the time delay (caused bythe melee attack) was a good thing.

I'd like to see such a feature! After sprinting for maybe 3 or more seconds you lower your weapon to your waist. But the sprinting should heavily affect your accuracy in some way... maybe another solution than a recoil change... or not general stronger recoil, but very heavy right and left recoil - simulating your lack of control over the gun.
Like that your gun wouldn't jump into the sky (causing people to sprint and stick their head in the ground while shooting at birds with full-auto :D ) but you couldn't hit anything in cover properly.

But I wonder if the smgs will become "uber" then (yeah, if implented than the smgs please too, unlike the bug) - or will cover in general be more important?
I'm more of a rifle-player myself, but I wouldn't mind that as a addition.

Upvote 0
The hotfix didn't work for me. I'm still getting the same runtime error.

So--what now? I've done what Zetsumei suggested. I've downloaded the hotfix. Is that it?

Do I have to buy a new computer--or at least a new graphics card--if I want to keep playing my favourite game?

Or rather--to keep playing what was once my favourite game, before it was 'improved' to the point where it wouldn't run on my computer?

Forgive me for saying so, but that doesn't seem like much of an improvement to me.

Upvote 0
The hotfix didn't work for me. I'm still getting the same runtime error.

So--what now? I've done what Zetsumei suggested. I've downloaded the hotfix. Is that it?

Do I have to buy a new computer--or at least a new graphics card--if I want to keep playing my favourite game?

Or rather--to keep playing what was once my favourite game, before it was 'improved' to the point where it wouldn't run on my computer?

Forgive me for saying so, but that doesn't seem like much of an improvement to me.

apparently it only works on the cards where pretty much that change renderer worked. Although for them the dx9 path gives more performance it should clean out the gpfs though so people can easier help you. :\

Upvote 0