• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map Hosting Listen Server Issue

EpicZerker

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 5, 2014
Hi everyone,

I am able to host a listen server and have people join it when I first start the game. However, after disconnecting from the server once, for some reason the game does not allow other players to connect to my new listen server, but I can still connect to other servers in the multiplayer list. This is really annoying because to continue hosting and playing with my friends I must exit and reopen the game. Any suggestions as to what I could try to get rid of this pestilence?

Thanks!

First off, this is the part of the forum where people post custom maps for killing floor, not questions about running servers. To answer your question though, you need to host a dedicated server if you want players to continue to be able to play without you present (you can select this option when you click the host tab, should be next to the listen option). If you host listen and leave it will discontinue their ability to play. I think this is correct, it has been a while since I've done any hosting.

EDIT: Sorry I misread that. I see now you wrote they cannot join a new listen server. That, I am unfamiliar with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Actually, I know what he's talking about.

Assuming we're all on the same page on knowing that a listen server requires the host to be present in order to function, I too haven't been able to create a follow-up listen server where my friends could connect.

I'd literally have to restart KF entirely so that they can re-join my new game.

I'm planning to do a clean install of the game (making sure zero traces are left behind) to see if that helps. I'll let you guys know if that has any affect.

I'll also keep an eye out on the support forums in case this thread gets moved there.

Upvote 0