• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

horus the egyptian god

no no you don't understand me aswell then, i certainly don't pretend to know better than anybody. you actually seem more categorical than me, i exclude nothing at all.
when i see collin powell on tv showing all kinds of blurry images at the UN saying WMD's here, WMD's this and that... then i have a natural reluctancy to believe what he says, especially knowing that they pulled the same trick with false evidence to get the gulf war started in 91.

if you want a golden tip from my great grandfather to avoid as much as possible being manipulated, then just follow this rule: "never give your trust to a man who is wearing a tie"

Upvote 0
The gulf war 2 was started because of a very real invasion of kuwait.

I don't want to start on reasons for the current war in iraq because it'll just get the thread locked because of the no politics rule, but let me assure you I very well agree with you on the wmds or the lack of them. The thing is: It only shows how thin conspiracy theories are. If the US conspirators were so goddamn good that they staged the whole 9-11 thing, they could've easily sneaked a few hundred tons of chemical weapons into the Iraq, no?

I also don't believe in these "blue collar guy=good, man with tie=bad" stereotypes. They're just lame and foster this alienation in our societies that always seem to need some kind of common enemy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anyone who hasn't done so yet should read 1984 from cover to cover.
It's not a very long book, it's easy to read and it's got tits and violence too.:p
At first some things might seem unlikely and it seems like things only work because that's what the book is about. For example:
There is a scene where a political speech is held and during the speech the enemy of the nation becomes its ally and its ally becomes the enemy. The speaker is informed and he continues without a pause but now he is talking about a different political constellation. He is telling the people the same thing as before, but with switched enemies and allies. The people notice this of course (they are not dumb) and they see all the flags that were there to decorate the place and that are now wrong. They immediately assume that there must have been spies who changed the flags, because their new ally had always been their ally, and their enemy had always been their enemy.
Another example is that the people in 1984 don't seem to get the opposition of the main political mottos:
Freedom is Slavery, Ignorence is Strength, War is Peace

The scenes seem totally forced and unrealistic when you are just starting out with the book (who could be so dumb and fall for it, right?), but please, stick to it. Read on. Once you made it to the end it will become clear that this isn't nearly as impossible as it sounds and the people don't just "fall for it" because they are stupid.

The book will change you. It won't make you a conspiracy theorist and you won't suspect evil schemes behind everything you hear but you will start to doubt. You will start to think about things like, who profits from me believing this and why should I trust the messenger? If it's necessary to spie on millions (!) of people to maybe[/

Upvote 0
Anyone who hasn't done so yet should read 1984 from cover to cover.
It's not a very long book, it's easy to read and it's got tits and violence too.:p
At first some things might seem unlikely and it seems like things only work because that's what the book is about. For example:
There is a scene where a political speech is held and during the speech the enemy of the nation becomes its ally and its ally becomes the enemy. The speaker is informed and he continues without a pause but now he is talking about a different political constellation. He is telling the people the same thing as before, but with switched enemies and allies. The people notice this of course (they are not dumb) and they see all the flags that were there to decorate the place and that are now wrong. They immediately assume that there must have been spies who changed the flags, because their new ally had always been their ally, and their enemy had always been their enemy.
Another example is that the people in 1984 don't seem to get the opposition of the main political mottos:
Freedom is Slavery, Ignorence is Strength, War is Peace

The scenes seem totally forced and unrealistic when you are just starting out with the book (who could be so dumb and fall for it, right?), but please, stick to it. Read on. Once you made it to the end it will become clear that this isn't nearly as impossible as it sounds and the people don't just "fall for it" because they are stupid.

The book will change you.

I recently finished 1984, and it was an amazing read. One of the best books ever, and it got me back into books again. Orwell would probably be disappointed in his country if he'd see what's happening in England today. They even have CCTV cameras with loudspeakers in them these days. You can't walk through any of the major cities anymore without at least one camera watching you. And does it lower crime? Nope. Sad, really.

Upvote 0
nazi.jpg

Fight the NWO!!!

el oh el!

Upvote 0