• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

HoE game sh*tter power ranks.

naksiloth

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 29, 2010
Let's share those memories where you tag someone as a bad teammate and you came out to be right.
It'll be like "All my teammates in Killing Floor" thread, but that's long dead I suppose. So a new one wouldn't hurt.

For me everytime I close my eyes, I can remember a bad teammate. That's because I spectated many games in my pitiful life that is KF. Let me start to break the ice (inb4 "it's a chikun costume guy, lel"):

1. Dorf axe zerker in a hold spot.
Oh you wanted to aim at that Fleshpound? Too bad, have that midair Siren on your face nullifying your grenades while I swoop that Fleshpound as it spazzes around.
When you see one of them, you oughta know that your team will have some rough times and that mofo will prevail. Then it will proceed to kite the map which gives you high hopes but will die because of poor damage output, poor sense of timing or just because he's a troll.
If you didn't die from Fleshpound attacks, you'll die from trash specimen because they tend to have zero trash clear capabilities.

2. Orca/Sucker6 Demolitions in a hold spot
Tosses Sirens around because most of the bouncing Orca hits are low blow instead of full body shots. Orca goes around the corners and can easily piss off Fleshpounds. Oh... Don't forget that terrible smoke screen it creates.
As for S6, I believe everyone gets what am saying. It can be fun but it can be a tool of trolling with single fire easily.
If your Demolitions is using any of those duo in a high difficulty server, you have a case of trolling here. Despite anything he says everyone knows what those weapons do exactly.

3. Dual Flares zerker in any scenery.
That guy won't stop blinding you at the times he doesn't reload already. Their lack of long range accuracy, leaves them pretty vulnerable at ranged threats or anything that has a surprise factor due to their long reloads really.
They tend to block your shots by rushing to the incoming Husk or Siren then retreat at the same speed with a tiny bit of health. Refusing to get away from your sights.
On top of it, it's really hard to aim at potential threats amongst the horde when they all started to wiggle like worms.

4. Trenchgun+aa12 hero Support in any team plan.
I have no idea who told those guys it's a good idea to get an offperk shotgun with 6 shells that they get no damage bonus for. They tend to get out of ammo in the middle of wave, seeing them handle Fleshpounds or Scrakes are actually tragic. And no, none of the trench supports I've seen can't combo Scrakes either.

5. That one Xbow medic who really tries to kill big targets at Hell on Earth 6p while running backwards
I have no words for it. The horror... Something worse would be trying the same thing with Harpoon Launcher.

6. "Combat" Medic who reloads constantly
Remember, anything in that game which has "Combat" word in its name is actually a reloading simulator by itself.
They're standing where they at and shooting at Crawlers biting their ankles with medic rifles. As they start to reload, their teammates will be mauled at the other end of the map.

7. Any teammate who abuse ZED v2 stasis on calm or standing targets
That's a tense one. ZED v2 can be very useful for nuking down Fleshpounds as it can disable Sirens and Husks that follow in a whim.
Yet when it's abused on calm targets by a zerk or medic, rough times await you.

8. Sharp who spams dual MK/HC or Support who spams AA12 then drops back to 9mm
I really can't lay my finger what I hate about them most.

Feel free to add more if you feel like it.

Last edited:
Pretty much any zerk ever.
With maybe 2% notable exceptions.
I miss Father... :|

Flamethrower firebug. Why you even created such a class, TWI?

Tanking medics: 'Don't worry bro, I will crouch in front of that calm sc and unload my medguns in him. Oh, you were in the middle of combo? Umm, what is a combo?'

Barnacle medic: it just sticks to the back of a derpzerker. Because of all people, the one with 40% damage resistance needs healing the most.

Xbow sharps: you tap sc first. You get his aggro. You clear trash around and prepare for a takedown. Then, suddenly a bolt from the other side of the map. And second one. And third. And fourth. With 20% accuracy at best. And here comes a complimentary chainsaw sandwich.

Quake 3 school of shooting demo: because if other games teach you anything, it's that you should aim your grenades at the ground. FP's have vulnerable ticklish feet, that's just common knowledge. One M32 mag and one hug later, there's usually a monologue about sh*tty team and a ragequit.

Upvote 0
Pubs and worst of all pub zerks/firebugs. I honestly can't remember when I saw a pub zerk or firebug actually be helpful. I dunno about EU but in NA there's been a huge influx of just bad pubs lately. As EBR/LAR holding a side mostly by myself, they all take the agro as medics/supps, cancel siren scream cancels, pub demos putting down one pipe and not finishing off FPs, rage stuff on you, body shot spam everything... etc etc. Pubs have always been a bit durpy but they been a lot worse lately.

Upvote 0
Pubs and worst of all pub zerks/firebugs. I honestly can't remember when I saw a pub zerk or firebug actually be helpful. I dunno about EU but in NA there's been a huge influx of just bad pubs lately. As EBR/LAR holding a side mostly by myself, they all take the agro as medics/supps, cancel siren scream cancels, pub demos putting down one pipe and not finishing off FPs, rage stuff on you, body shot spam everything... etc etc. Pubs have always been a bit durpy but they been a lot worse lately.

This is why grumpy M14 LAR sharpie outshines anything on pubs.
Raged fp?
Sounds like u problem.
Raged sc?
Sounds like u problem.
On you?
No problem, stunning all day.
Erryone ded?
No problem, just showing off pro sharping.

Upvote 0
This is why grumpy M14 LAR sharpie outshines anything on pubs.
Raged fp?
Sounds like u problem.
Raged sc?
Sounds like u problem.
On you?
No problem, stunning all day.
Erryone ded?
No problem, just showing off pro sharping.

=3

I should let pubs die more, but I have this weird urge to kill everything, even if it's raged on some dumb pub. Gets to be sort of a game, although I don't always enjoy it and die a lot more often. xD

Upvote 0
To be fair, sometimes teamwork means not making things harder for your teammate, even if it's under the guise of 'helping' :rolleyes:

Yes! Which is why I actually like lazy supps/demos (and used to play it like that a lot when I used to supp and still do with demo, although I'm bad at demo). Sometimes just sitting back and being supportive and rolling in when people need help is actual the best thing to do rather than trying to kill your "fair share." It's a lot easier with supp with shotties or demo but anyone good can play like that (no penetration sharp is hardest IME but dunno).

Upvote 0
Pretty much any zerk ever.
With maybe 2% notable exceptions.
I miss Father... :|

Flamethrower firebug. Why you even created such a class, TWI?

Tanking medics: 'Don't worry bro, I will crouch in front of that calm sc and unload my medguns in him. Oh, you were in the middle of combo? Umm, what is a combo?'

Barnacle medic: it just sticks to the back of a derpzerker. Because of all people, the one with 40% damage resistance needs healing the most.

Xbow sharps: you tap sc first. You get his aggro. You clear trash around and prepare for a takedown. Then, suddenly a bolt from the other side of the map. And second one. And third. And fourth. With 20% accuracy at best. And here comes a complimentary chainsaw sandwich.

Quake 3 school of shooting demo: because if other games teach you anything, it's that you should aim your grenades at the ground. FP's have vulnerable ticklish feet, that's just common knowledge. One M32 mag and one hug later, there's usually a monologue about sh*tty team and a ragequit.

The barnacle med comment had me cracking up - never thought of it that way but you're right. If there's a zerker and a med, surely enough the med is up the zerk's rear end lol. Damage resistance and all.

For the record I think you made the Q3 demo comment somewhere else on the board a while back - sadly I needed to read it at that time since it opened my eyes to taking my time and actually aiming the damn M32 instead of just seeing how fast I can unload all 6 rounds (lol..).

Upvote 0
4. Trenchgun+aa12 hero Support in any team plan. I have no idea who told those guys it's a good idea to get an offperk shotgun with 6 shells that they get no damage bonus for. They tend to get out of ammo in the middle of wave, seeing them handle Fleshpounds or Scrakes are actually tragic. And no, none of the trench supports I've seen can't combo Scrakes either.

The trench gets increased shot penetration as a Support that is the only benefit it gets, but still not the best combo.

Upvote 0