• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hit detection and bullet lag

If you want to reproduce put two guys in opposite rooms with a doorway between them, and have them step out into the doorway to start shooting at each other. It's at those engagement ranges that things feel off.

Yeah I would test the heck out of this situation as this is what I see too. I almost never have this issue at long ranges, it is always at short range, and the shorter the worse of an issue it is. (In other words if I see somebody charge at me from 20 feet I'll be a bit worried the bug will hit me, but if somebody comes around a corner at 5 feet there is like a 60% chance I will experience it.) But like the quote above says, what I noticed recently is it SEEMS like its not just distance but also how long the target has been on your screen. If I attack somebody at short range but I have had vis on him for 5 seconds the attack will almost certainly hit. If he only came around the corner .02 seconds before I open fire (or vice versa) the bug strikes.

Upvote 0
Yeah I would test the heck out of this situation as this is what I see too. I almost never have this issue at long ranges, it is always at short range, and the shorter the worse of an issue it is. (In other words if I see somebody charge at me from 20 feet I'll be a bit worried the bug will hit me, but if somebody comes around a corner at 5 feet there is like a 60% chance I will experience it.) But like the quote above says, what I noticed recently is it SEEMS like its not just distance but also how long the target has been on your screen. If I attack somebody at short range but I have had vis on him for 5 seconds the attack will almost certainly hit. If he only came around the corner .02 seconds before I open fire (or vice versa) the bug strikes.

Yep, very similar experience tonight again. It does seem inverse to distance and time on screen, which makes it seem perhaps lag compensation related, oddly enough.

I also experienced a couple "classic" latency compensation symptomatic deaths where according to my screen, I shot several times and hit the enemy before he shot, yet I died and he lived. This was on a server that showed a ping of around 80ms and according to stat fps in-game I was well under that every time I glanced at the displayed latency.

I say "classic", in that it is similar to a few other games with frustrating netcode that have a similar "take back" mechanic where the server decides, "no you didn't win that exchange even though you did on your screen". But I've never experienced it quite so much at such a low latency, so I wonder if there's some lag compensation on the server side that can be toned down a bit or clientside that can be reduced via commandline beyond the options listed in the in-game menu. I know that certain lines adjusted in ini files for BF:BC2 make a world of difference in the hit detection and lag compensation, so perhaps that is possible here as well. (example: http://www.freefrag.com/team-fortress-2/4698-hit-detection-explained-fix.html )

Upvote 0
Bullet Lag

Bullet Lag

I'm playing with 150/200 of ping, no graphic lags despite the HUGE problem with bullet lag, i shot in front of me and the weapon actually fire BUT the impact only happen 1/1.5 seconds after, this is making RO2 beign a frustrating game.
It's not pc problem, i bought mine have 1 month now (gpu gtx560ti), and i play BF3 with 200/250 without any lag at all.

PLEASE guys make another patch or anything to fix it URGENTLY.

Thx.

Upvote 0
I'm playing with 150/200 of ping, no graphic lags despite the HUGE problem with bullet lag, i shot in front of me and the weapon actually fire BUT the impact only happen 1/1.5 seconds after, this is making RO2 beign a frustrating game.
It's not a pc problem, i bought mine have 1 month now (gpu gtx560ti), and i play BF3 with 150/250ping without any lag at all.

Thx.

Upvote 0
Bullet Lag

Bullet Lag

It's not pc problem, i bought mine have 1 month now (gpu gtx560ti), and i play BF3 with 150/200ping without any lag at all.

Thx.

Upvote 0