• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server High harddisk activity since latest beta update with custom maps on dedicated server.

extazy9999

Mar 25, 2018
Hello guys. I am having a serious issue with my dedicated server right now. I have spotted some high hdd activity probably since latest beta update. I've installed only maps from workshop through KFservertool by DarkDKS and this server had been running fine for like 3 months.

The problem is that hdd sometimes spikes up to 30-60-100%. When the hdd spikes, the server is laggy so much and players inside teleport or even freeze for secs.

I've changed pc, moved from hdd to ssd, nothing helps. But when I create a new fresh server without any custom map installed, playing wirth official maps, problem gone, hdd activity is 1-4% as it used to be. This machine used to run fine with 7 servers, but now it can't run even one server.

A friend of mine also has this kind of problem. if anyone spot this kind of problem and know how to fix would be appreciated.

I think it's checking the map file itself. If install like 100+ map, and the file is big, that would cause a trouble faster.. How can I fix this?

1fe13214647556fca29521cc3ab217a5.png

Upvote 0
I have many workshop maps installed and observe absolutely no disk activity from KFServer, unless I switch map which makes sense then. You surely have a problem in your machine because this is not normal behavior. I run my servers under Linux but I would guess that other people under Windows would have notice the problem if that was something happening on all windows servers.

Try to install a fresh server and run only this fresh server, look disk activity and see if this is happening too. Try to find why it happens because I don't think a KF 2 server would produce this disk activity on its own. Try not to use the external workshop tool to install custom map on the fresh server and look at disk activity. Go step by step using the intended method (no external tools) and see if this happens again. Then start over by usingthe external tool on a new fresh server and see if the problem occurs then.

Upvote 0