• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

High(er) Res is amazing

AFAIK, the pov doesn't change if you use a widescreen resolution, which results in the game looky kinda wonky (especially the HUD since it gets stretched out)

which is too bad b/c I'd love to play the game in widescreen on my widescreen monitor but it just doesn't look right.

You are correct sir! If you play on a 1280x1024 res. you'll note that the hud is already stretched out a *tiny* bit.:D

Upvote 0
Widescreen is the future.

1440x900 *drools*. I also get a larger field of vision than non widescreen users.

Widescreens are the future for games. Its alot more immersive when you actually have peripheral vision in games.

I just bought a 19" widescreen on Newegg. It should be arriving on the 26th. I'm really excited.

Upvote 0
AFAIK, the pov doesn't change if you use a widescreen resolution, which results in the game looky kinda wonky (especially the HUD since it gets stretched out)

which is too bad b/c I'd love to play the game in widescreen on my widescreen monitor but it just doesn't look right.

Yes you can't change the pov anymore so you won't see a broader like you could in the mod. Instead you run on a normal res and the top and bottom are cut off. and then a stretched hud is slapped on it.

In the hud round things will be oval. but ingame round will stay round.

Upvote 0
I play at 800x600, and I still thinks it's good. There may be less pixels but the graphics are still great, the people are the same, the gameplay is still superb. I coukd play at 1280x1024, I tried it once, yes maybe the graphics are smooth and cool, and pleasant to the eye, but when ever I am shot at, and get supressed, I get a drop of FPS, and it's almost impossible to survive, or even to move. I think I'll stick to 800x600. I'm going to try 1280x1024 on BiA now though.

Upvote 0