• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server High connection counts

We have worked with the service provider trying to investigate this and their doesn't seem to be anything malicious (DOS or DDOS attacks) going on at the times of this.

When we start to notice the high number of connections is when the all the pings are over 100. Re-starting the dedicated server client (VNGame.exe) lowers the amount of connections a little, but the pings resume to normal (30s-40s-50).

I'm still digging and collecting info though, I want to find out why.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
UPDATE: Has been running normal all day today.

C2uqKWf.png

Upvote 0
I think this is connection attempts which stays for a moment (maybe server queries too?). I remember for KF 2 server when there was not enough servers after release, the servers were crashing when this number was too high, it was almost impossible to finish a game without server crashing. After a thousand or more servers were generously opened by various GSPs to take the influx of new players, people could find servers not full and servers were not crashing anymore because of the enormous influx of new players trying to join the servers.

Upvote 0
omano;n2300202 said:
I think this is connection attempts which stays for a moment (maybe server queries too?). I remember for KF 2 server when there was not enough servers after release, the servers were crashing when this number was too high, it was almost impossible to finish a game without server crashing. After a thousand or more servers were generously opened by various GSPs to take the influx of new players, people could find servers not full and servers were not crashing anymore because of the enormous influx of new players trying to join the servers.

Yes after look logs it was server queries, but why if a player try to connect to server 3 or 4 times the queries open much more connection (around 20) ?!

Upvote 0