• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics hidden gamemode in RO?

Blutsauger

Jan 23, 2009
hey i've noticed that the game not just end due to time and cap but also when you've rendered the other teams reinforcments to 0 and killed the last guy, on some servers the russian or the axis team are just sitting and frags the other team at their last flag.

it seems fun and i can say that cause iwas in one such situation with the axis and i guess i got about 60 of em.

i wonder why not more ppl just kill of the other team at last flag rather than cap it (well if the timelimit allows for this unfair carnage).

please tell me what you think guys.

AFAIK the number of reinforcements depends on the map, just like round time, so its taken into account there.
Stalingradkessel is a good example: the germans have to keep the balance between holding the objectives effectively and not taking lots of losses. I had many games where the objectives were well defended all the time, but the reinforcements ran out. A retreat in time, with a few % left can often make the germans hold a later objective while keeping their last few lifes until the time runs out.

Although I'd love to see maps where everyone only has 1-2 lifes, which are focused on tactical skirmish and cooperation of the different classes. Although that would be harsh on a 50 player server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Im not a fan myself of the way reinforcements work. As there is never enough cohesion on public play to really use the reinfs effectively. So i think beside the team function of saving reinf, are more direct result to users when they die or waste a lot of reinf would be nice.

I kinda agree. Plus reinf tickets are so high on certain maps it's of no consequences if a team makes suicidal charges over and over...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ive been wanted a No respawn server for RO since forever. Its my favorite part of the game. On DH a clan called the 29th infantry run no respawn scrims every friday night and tons of people show up to play them. The only real problem I see with this in RO is that it would be hard to get every person to cooperate unless they were all part of a clan. You'd need a good 5 minutes of strategy and deciding where to attack/defend. Im sure it can be done though.

Upvote 0
Im not a fan myself of the way reinforcements work. As there is never enough cohesion on public play to really use the reinfs effectively. So i think beside the team function of saving reinf, are more direct result to users when they die or waste a lot of reinf would be nice.

How many times you have died should be on the score board and effect the ranking ie less deaths higher rank

Upvote 0
Ive been wanted a No respawn server for RO since forever. Its my favorite part of the game. On DH a clan called the 29th infantry run no respawn scrims every friday night and tons of people show up to play them. The only real problem I see with this in RO is that it would be hard to get every person to cooperate unless they were all part of a clan. You'd need a good 5 minutes of strategy and deciding where to attack/defend. Im sure it can be done though.

I've once played on a server that had a similar mode. When you died you didn't respawn, except your teammates capped another objective. This was quite an interesting game mode and I really enjoyed it, since you had to be very careful and had really worked as a team so you didnt die. I'd so love to see such a server again!

Upvote 0
This doesnt work with the current maps of RO, we tried it several times in core and it was horrible..
Imagine playing Danzig.. its 20 minutes right? You try to cross the bridge and MG kills 3-4, a grenade kills 2 more
so now they'll have to wait 20+ minutes in darkness for the round to be over!
If RO had small, 3-4 minutes maps then it MIGHT work..

Oh, also from the realism percepective, who sends a group of 8 men to attack a fortress like in Kaukasus or an entire neighberhood like in Zhitomir?

Upvote 0
This doesnt work with the current maps of RO, we tried it several times in core and it was horrible..
Imagine playing Danzig.. its 20 minutes right? You try to cross the bridge and MG kills 3-4, a grenade kills 2 more
so now they'll have to wait 20+ minutes in darkness for the round to be over!
If RO had small, 3-4 minutes maps then it MIGHT work..

Oh, also from the realism percepective, who sends a group of 8 men to attack a fortress like in Kaukasus or an entire neighberhood like in Zhitomir?
me wahst wrong with my tactics we play danzig earlier man i won i was squad leader everbody like u n00b u sukz im look go away we won the round:cool:

Upvote 0

If I went onto a server that wouldn't let me respawn after one death and I had to sit there watching everybody else play (or be stuck just watching a black screen) I wouldn't, and I'd leave, never to return to the sever again.

As realistic as the game may be..... I'm there to play a game, not sit around with my thumb up me arse waiting for campers to get killed.

Waiting 10-15 seconds is bad enough.... and on Warsaw back in 3.3, the spawn wait time was like 45 seconds.... Who wants to spawn, run out of spawn, come around the corner, and then get killed by several grenades spammed your way, just to wait another 45 seconds to spawn and do nothing?

It's a waste of time and a waste of action.... and I'm not a person who runs and guns, but some type of action is a lot better then sitting back for close to a friggin minute having a smoke before you can play again, which was something I always hated about Counter-Strike.

The spawn wait on Warsaw was the main reason why I hated that map and never played it.

10-15 second spawn waits is long enough and allows for a bit of a feel that there's more then just 8 guys coming at you at a time, but a continual trickle of enemies coming your way. Sure waves would be nice, but they're not worth forcing half the players on the game to sit it out for 60 seconds or longer..... and you can bet any new players forced into this situation would quit pretty quickly and go play some other arcady FPS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0