• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hickok45

Nimsky

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Elitist Prick Nude Beach
I just had to share this YouTube channel I recently discovered with you guys. Hickock45, one of the coolest people on the internet. He loves guns, especially the classic ones, but he's fond of some of the newer designs such as the Glock as well. He cares about gun safety and freedom and he's fun to watch. Just a great guy with good character, he makes nice videos. Also, he owns a LOT of cool guns.

Hickok45's channel

Some of my favourites videos of his.

YouTube - Close Quarters Combat

YouTube - Tactical Zombie Training

YouTube - M1-A / M14 Blasting

YouTube - M1 Garand ( Close Up )

YouTube - 1911 WWII Colt Close-Up

As a European, these vids make me a little jealous, too. :eek:

Reactions: hockeywarrior
I call them "firearms".

firearm.jpg

:confused::confused::confused:

There are lots of great channels on youtube (especially about vintage video gaming) prefer those videos over regular TV. It is just more fun seeing someone talk about things he likes than some random jabbering on TV

Upvote 0
Look at this video in 720p HD fullscreen, it's cool. The tracers look badass. Beautiful rifle too.

YouTube - M14 vs Block Wall at 250 Yards

The video shows a couple of things that the Tripwire guys might be interested in. I think it can help with the visuals and sound effects for RO2.

• Tracers have a ball or oval shape, they're not like the 'laser streaks' you see in Ostfront and other games. I'm sure TWI knows that already but it's worth mentioning.
  • You can clearly hear what bullet cracks sound like. They're LOUD! The more realistic these bullet cracks, the more effective suppressive fire can be.
  • Big calibers kick up a lot of dust when it impacts on brick / cinder block. See the slow-motion at the end of the video, too.
  • A bullet also kick up quite a bit of dirt, and when it does, you can hear the dirt raining down on the ground for a couple of seconds after that. Also, some of the kicked up dirt ends up on the cinder block wall.
  • Bullet ricochets / fragments can still wound / be deadly.
  • Muffled gunfire sound over distance and a slight echo effect.

Reactions: LemoN
Upvote 0