• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hexa reciever for Mosin

theta123

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
THe P38 has cosmetic Black handgrips

A cool cosmetic upgrade for the mosin could be the hexagon reciever

When the Russians decided to adopt the M91/30 version it changed 2 things from the previous Dragoon/cossack and long infantry version
-New rear sights and front sight hood
-New round reciever wich replaced the Hexagon reciever

This was done because the round reciever was much faster and easier to produce

However.
When this decision was made 2 things happend
-Existing dragoons where modified with the new sights.retaining there hexa receivers
-Existing stockpiles of Hexagon recievers was so huge, that they continued to be used in M91/30's untill even 1936!(Considering the production started in 1930)

hexmosin.jpg

Could be a nice little upgrade dont you think? I like the looks of the hexa reciever mosin.

Reactions: _Dariuszek_
In theory dragoons also got issued. Because well, so many made and not all got converted.

It could also be nice to have a Dragoon as maybe an unlock for the russian infantry. Performance wise, well pre ww2 mosins where of better quality, but then yeah everybody grabs a dragoon

The diffrence being the rear sights and the hexa receiver, compared to the M91/30

http://62x54r.net/MosinID/0002.jpg

This could be a nice weapon unlock IMO

Upvote 0
As long as upgrades are forced, i'd have to say no to this, as it's just replacing the more common rounded recivers with the more rare hexagon ones, and eventually everyone would be forced to have them. This game allready has to many rare weapons and models as it is, and i'm afraid more are in the works allready, we don't need more forced ones!

But if upgrades ever become optional and selectable, i'll change my "no" to a "yes", it'd be a fine customization option if it was optional.

Upvote 0