• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Heroes of the West (Western Front mod)

Moskeeto

Dec 29, 2011
Introducing:
rYaEpBq.png

Our ModDB page!

DOWNLOAD THE BETA (V5) HERE!(this build is ready for online) (new as of February 27, 2015)

STEAM WORKSHOP LINK

Important info for map makers

Our Steam Group

Commander Shepard and I have been hard at work to bring you what everyone has been wanting: a Western Front mod!

Screenshots:
Spoiler!

Features include:
- New Maps!!!
- Americans vs Germans
- Updated UI to reflect changes
- New American uniforms: Airborne and Rangers
- American helmets with nets!
- New victory music for both factions

What needs work:
- MAPS MAPS MAPS! (please help here if you can)
- New weapons (G43 and STG are vital)
- Voices (Germans and Americans refer to each other as the wrong faction)
- New German uniforms
- Vehicles! (Americans will need them desperately)

We are looking for help! We need mappers and 3D artists/animators!
Add me on Steam if you're willing to help out: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025051816/

Last edited:
:eek: Great work, you know how to create new uniforms :D

I hope that project will be mixed with IOM ;)

So many people speak about the Western Front in this foprum and you just do it. And all we need now for authentic gameplay are maps maps maps. And some more late war weapons.

Maybe we could use maps like Myshkova and Winterwald (if it is possible to remove the Russian stuff) so we have 2 maps for the Battle of the Bulge (okay, the buildings looks very Russian, but it is just for the beginning).

And of course Omaha Beach (WIP) http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=93521

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You sent me off to find voice actors. And I've got 3 American voice actors lined up. These are proper voice actors with proper microphones. I also have scripts written up and everything. I've done this sort of thing before.

There's room for 1 more American voice. But that's it. Room for plenty of German voices.

So really anyone wanting to voice for the mod should contact me.

Upvote 0
Looks great. What weapons/vehicles are you planning?

Nothing is set in stone, especially not for vehicles since they are the most difficult to create. For weapons, we most definitely want to have a Gewehr 43 and an StG 44. For now, we are using the G41 and MkB as placeholders since they are mostly the same when it comes to functionality.

For vehicles, it would be great to have a Sherman on the American side to counter the Panzer IV. Some form of transport vehicle would be great as well. We'll take whatever we can get and we'll work with what we have.

Upvote 0
What exact texture files would I need to edit for the German uniforms. As I want to re-texture the German current M36 German uniform to a M42 or M43 German uniform. And maybe even try some Slate-grey shades some German uniforms were. I can extract them an everything but there's just a lot of options and i don't what ones the game actually uses.

Upvote 0