• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Heroes of the West (Western Front mod)

Tbh I actually prefer vanilla to IOM. Not that its a bad mod its just personal preference. I'm just too attached to the vanilla game lol. Skins are good though. I just felt like the sounds were a bit over done.

Play on the AUS/NZ servers which is custom content 24/7. With a bunch of mutators and tons of custom maps.

When this mod gets released I'll pull some strings at games.on.net to get a server with this mod running. Free of charge to me too.

Upvote 0
Great news! I translated your first post and submited an article on Red Orchestra 2 FR community website ;)

One question, I wonder if you guys know there may be an official western mod according to this post. I'm sure you know but will these two mods not enter in some kind of competition if the official one get released one day?

Anyway, will supporting the mod if I can (maybe mapping?)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Even if there is some announcement in the future regarding a full official Western Front expansion, I'd say keep working on it. If anything it could go IOM style, or just see if the work on the mod could be worked into any official release. I'm sure no-one wants a repeat of the Vehicle mod team scenario.

Upvote 0
I'm sure no-one wants a repeat of the Vehicle mod team scenario.

I certainly don't. I've been dedicated to this community since the launch of RO2 and have only ever wanted to see it thrive. I'm definitely not planning on leaving it behind.

Anyway, right now we are in desperate need of a map. Any map will do, really, as long as it's set in the correct theater. I think once we have a playable map, we should be ready for the first alpha release.

Upvote 0
Wow, now that's excellent work, folks! :)

Mind if I ask: are you planning to add M3 Grease Gun? I know that it wasn't popular in Europe, but I'd really love to see it in this modification. Also, are you thinking of changing the Thompson from M1928 model to M1A1? Since M1A1 was the one they used in Europe :)

EDIT: I saw on Steam Workshop that TE-Donner has a nice model of the Tiger tank :D And, btw, what is the US Victory song? I've heard it many times, but I'm real interested in the name? :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
New weapons are something we would like to add, of course. But for now we are sticking with the basics. Feature creep can really slow down development. We need to build up our resources before we set any complex plans in stone.

As for the American victory song, this is the one we used:
The Stars and Stripes Forever - Official [HD] - YouTube

A free mp3 download can be found here:
http://www.armyfieldband.com/pages/listening/downloads.html
It's under Duty, Honor, Country. If you read at the bottom, you can see that their music is public domain unless marked with an *.

Upvote 0