• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Heroes of the West needs maps!

Moskeeto

Dec 29, 2011
We are in desperate need for maps right now. It's what we need more than anything else. The mod is perfectly playable in its current state, but it's hard to continue working on it without at least one large-scale map suited for Red Orchestra gameplay.

We have a few people already helping out with other areas of asset creation, but no one committed to actually making us at least one map. If you're willing to start working on one, comment below please.

To be honest, yet another Omaha Beach map would be like playing Apartzig to me... to be avoided like the plague. Way overdone.

So many other interesting ideas, (bocage country for example) that would be higher up on the list.

Than dont play that map? I like these kind of maps. And many other people do as they love playing maps that are recognizable so it could bring allot of players as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I never said anything about needing an Omaha beach map. We'll take whatever the mappers are willing to give as long as it suits the setting.

Oh of course!

Than dont play that map? I like these kind of maps. And many other people do as they love playing maps that are recognizable so it could bring allot of players as well.

And just as many find them as annoying as hell. So we voice our opinion :D

Upvote 0
One map that can be used, i am working on is a Darkest Hour map recreation of Foy!

25uhbb7.jpg

Upvote 0
Moskeeto, I'm planning on starting one for you sometime soon. It'll be the small village of Valhey, France. It won't be a truly "historically accurate" map as we have no Shermans but it looks like a good infantry-only sized village. And if we ever get any more G**D****d tanks I can just drop them in later. My Great Uncle served in the 37th Tank Battalion and I've been wanting to make a map that features his unit for a long time. Here's the backstory for the battle at Valhey

The 37th Tank Battalion, along with Company A, was assigned to the 4th Armored Division, part of Patton's Third US Army. On 14 September 1944 overran the rear Command Post of the 15th Panzer Grenadier Division at Arracourt and, in Valhey, caught the same division's forward echelon Command Post before it could displace rearward. It was at Valhey that Sergeant Joe Sadowski of Company A won his Medal of Honor. This Non-Commissioned Officer from Perth Amboy, New Jersey was commander of the second tank column as the 37th rolled into the French town. The lead had swung north around a corner as Sadowski's M4 clattered into the village square, where a German armor-piercing round found its mark and set the Sherman afire against the town's water trough. Sadowski had his crew dismount and got them to shelter behind a building after running a gauntlet of machine gun and small arms fire in the square. When noses were counted the bow gunner was found to be missing. A glance at the burning tank showed the gunner's hatch still closed tight. The history of the 4th Armored Division states succinctly: "The Sergeant ran back to his tank, clambered up the smoking front slope plate and tried to pry open the gunner's hatch with his bare hands. He stood on the smoking tank and strained at the hatch until he had been hit so many times he could no longer stand. He slid from his medium and died in the mud beside its tracks. His father and mother were given his posthumous Medal of Honor."

<a href="https://www.google.com/maps/@48.6780127,6.4917836,1478m/data=!3m1!1e3" target="_blank">[url]https://www.google.com/maps/@48.6780127,6.4917836,1478m/data=!3m1!1e3[/URL]

Upvote 0