• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Heroes of Stalingrad Release Date Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
See this is why they wanted to keep development quiet for so long, so that kids wouldn't start nagging about it. Of course we ALL want more info, hell we wanted this game 3 years ago. But as the dude said, game development is an art form, (especially when you're not doing it just for a quick buck like other devs) this game will probably make or break Tripwire, so they gotta make it perfect. All the best games take time. I'd rather an awesome game come out in a year or so than something **** in a few months.
Instead of sitting in here complaining how about filling up some of the DH servers? There's a new update coming out soon with some new weapons and maps, should be awesome and enough to tide us over until HOS and then some.
Keep up the good work Tripwire, don't feel pressured for time, make it perfect!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The 1C date is nothing but an guess by 1C. However of all people willing to speak, 1C as a publisher should know more about the state of completion and progress than us all. Making the date posted by 1C the most credible estimated time of arrival.

So yes the date will shift around probably till TWI gives out a release window or date. But its the best indication we have at this point. If 1C didn't post anything we'd be more in the blue.

Ideally I would like to see the release date as a normal distribution :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When the publisher of a game releases information on a release date, why would be not be expected to beleive this . . . . . I would rank a publishist as a crediable source until another even more credible source tells us othewise.

---------

So many fan boys defending TWI honour it seems. Calling them CoD fans when ever they are questioned . . . should we not question things? perhaps we can just all go back to debating the finer points of the suggestions forum and argue about akimbo weapons, asking comanders for permissions to pick up weapons and removing your helmet to put it on a stick thus totally confusing the enemey :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Yeh agreed the publicist is the most credible at the moment but I don't believe TWI have the funds to wait that long, I know in one of the latest interviews they mentioned how well KF did and obviously how they have the funds to take there time but money goes fast especially in a business like this... they will need their next big bag of cash soon.

Upvote 0
Alternatively, issue some pics and get taken to task for the color of the grass...
Unbelievable.......

Why does everybody get angry over me stating some where in a 8 page news thread, that I found the colour of the grass odd. For me it just sprung out of the picture so I posted in that thread not even placing it as a statement but as a question. For me flora is one of the most critical parts in obtaining a realistic outdoor scenery.

I could have made a post about the square shadows from the trees as well, or missing shadows from the balconies floor grid, visible tiling of the texture on the building, weapons clipping through bodies. And there are loads of other nitpicks in there.

And its not like I created a special thread to state something about the grass, I made a small remark in the middle of multi page thread.

RO:Ost 2010 edition has been announced. I assume this will make them some money.

It has already released on April the 9th and is only available in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. It's basically RO:Ost with the latest updates and the 2 mods (with german localization). As stated here: http://www.iceberg-interactive.com/index.php/news-mainmenu-33/1-latest/171-koch

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You would hope as RO: HOS has been in production for atleast a few years that it would be released before KF2 if that rumour is even true and I have a feeling HOS would bring in alot more money than KF2 as games like that seems to get a bit samey and people get bored of it where as HOS sounds like its going to be something very special in the WW2 FPS world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So many fan boys defending TWI honour it seems

Fandom aside have you ever thought it has gone like this:

1. 1C puts release date up on their own standards without any real knowledge what is the progress of RO:HoS from TWI.
2. TWI learns about this fact after fans and non-fans alike are all raging as TWI just raped their cat and dog.
3. Now TWI is (obviously not in public) asking what the hell 1C is doing or why did they do that.
4. Fans and non-fans alike are all still raging how TWI raped their cat and dog and betraying their trust and such.

As much as TWI made their decision to not give any answers and holds their responsibility for it (regardless is it because they are unsure or what), there can be so much behind-the-scenes stuff going on that if anyone from TWI would reveal any basics it could get them sued in worst case scenario and RO:HoS getting cancelled ultimately or delayed by many, many years.

Yes, keeping quiet about stuff isn't exactly that glamorous and sometimes it can be bit worrying but since there's plenty of unconnected dots other than 1C release date claim and TWI's claim it does not originate from them, what's the rush to burn their house? Wait for a month or so before you start actually going bat**** bonkers how product X just became vapourware - and that does apply for any game, company, product that was promised some rough ETA or so.

Upvote 0
You would hope as RO: HOS has been in production for atleast a few years that it would be released before KF2 if that rumour is even true and I have a feeling HOS would bring in alot more money than KF2 as games like that seems to get a bit samey and people get bored of it where as HOS sounds like its going to be something very special in the WW2 FPS world.

I wish i could agree with you when you say that HoS is going to be very special, but from the little we've seen and heard so far, it looks far from special to me.
I really hope i'm proved wrong, but it doesn't look very much different from RO, and the features that have been added are hardly special in the WW2 Fps scene.
Hopefully time will prove me wrong and Tripwire will pull something out of the bag to make me eat my words.

PS: if it doesn't have tanks, i probably won't buy the game, whether it is special or not

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Umm, isn't that what I just did? You guys found out about the post on 1C's site the same way we did, through a rant on the forums ;) They didn't tell us "hey TWI, we're thinking about putting a made up release date on our website, do you guys mind?" As soon as WE saw it on their site, we posted here giving you the real deal.

I think this is pretty much your answer on the deliberate leak issue.
As for wether RoHos will be released this year...Who knows but if it is to be released in 2010 then we would get an announcement anytime in the next couple of months.

We all assume another call of duty is being released in the fall of this year but there has been no formal announcement from Treyarch.
So lets not all panic about official release info or in this case unofficial release info..lol

All I want is a quality game and i'm happy to wait for it personnally..:D

Upvote 0
The real deal still doesn't tells us anything, he didn't come straight out and deny that that is the real release date, he simply said that 1c didn't get that date from Tripwire.
I don't think 1c would have quoted a date at all unless someone dropped them a hint or two, games which have no set release date usually have tbc. next to them.
Anyway enough of all this conjecture and guesswork, one thing is certain, i'm gonna be really pissed at Tripwire if their are no tanks.
Perhaps we could get a definite yes or no on that question.:p
Call of Duty, now theirs a game i'm lookin forward too (not)
Nothing can match RO, not even the fictional HoS.:rolleyes::D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is the kind of idle "you owe us" chit chat that I'd expect to see on the CoD forums......

Just for the record...I did state that TWI does not owe me squat.:eek:

This wait is like being a freshman in high school and your parents aren't home and you know for a fact that the hottest senior cheerleader at your school is on her way over with three of her delicious friends....and they'll be there 'sometime.' Is that better? Does that make it more clear? No matter what time they actually DO get there...you're not going to be mad. And meanwhile, your Dad's liquor cabinet is downstairs in the finished basement beside the pool table....so what are you worried about anyway?:D Right?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.